Saturday, November 2, 2013

Good Judy Pickled Punk and Mint Patch!

Time for a review of another etailer besides BPAL.  So I grabbed my ammo case with other etailers and perused thru them and grabbed this one because of the name. I have in this box  BPTP (Black Phoenix Trading Post), Good Judy, Conjure Oils, Nocturne Alchemy, Alkemia Perfumes, Lou Lou's, ZOMG, The Poisoned Apple Apothecary, Arcana, Blooddrop, Lux Vixen, Violette Market, blah blah blah.....to lazy to continue the names..........  
 
Click here to see a pic of the ammo box and a full listing



Pickled Punk

Adorable name!! Yellow in color, would I have expected anything different? Hell no!!

Fruity in the vial. Lemony. Pretty difficult to even smell it so I have to put some on my hand immediately. The first initial impression I have is Yuck. LOL There's something in this I don't like. Something weird smelling and it's hard to put a word to it. The top note is a bright and fruity but the base is that weird smell. This has an oddly candyish tickle. Not sure I like this though. Even as it dries it's not getting much better. Like spoiled candy. meh


I actually found a scent description: When two become one, what once was is now forever...only never to be. Ghastly to some. Fascinating to others. A medical marvel to all. This bicephalic form floats, peaceful, in a man-made womb with a view...perfectly preserved for your curiosity and pleasure.

Tangerine, pink pepper, talc


I think it's the talc that's making this nauseous to me, because I like tangerine and pink pepper in oils. I won't be keeping this. Blech.

Well since that was a bust --gonna do another one....Should I give Good Judy a chance to redeem herself? of course!!

How about Mint Patch!?

I'm wringing my hands with this one because I KNOW I WILL LOVE IT!!!!! hehe

Dark in color. YES!!! It's a good sign!!!


WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's some mint!! And a mint I haven't smelled yet in an oil. A different flavor of mint for sure. Spearmint, it's gotta be! Wrigley's Doublemint Gum in the green wrapper. And that's all I am getting from the vial.

On the hand: WOW! this cleans out the nose. Stuffed up? Gotta cold? No more! Yeeeeowwwsaaa!!
Crazy ass mint even as it's drying. I'd expected the patch to come out. Nope. Nada. Denied. I am lovin me some Mint Patch! I'm freaking going to have to wear this to work and freak people out. I am getting the barest glimpse of my buddy patch in this. Hopefully as it dries the mint will subside and patch will bloom.

10 minutes: Patch is here! Still faint but he's coming!!!


Oh! Here's the scent desc: In the wild, unadulterated lands of the free, grows the mint patchouli tree. Earthy, cool, and refreshing. Patchouli, spearmint, peppermint and pennyroyal.
I got it right! I got it right! Doublemint!! Hahaha.

OMG when I go from smelling Mint Patch to smelling Pickled Punk...I kinda like Pickled Punk now! That odd smell is gone now after 25 minutes. Or my nose is broke from the mint it's been inhaling. LOL
Patch is peeking around the corner!! He's 10% here!!

1 1/2 hours later: Patch is here!!! No more mint, just incredible edible patchouli!!!!
I smell gooooooooooooooooooot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment