Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'M ON VACATION!!!!

Yippee!! Don't go back to work until September 3rd. Don't have anything planned....just laying around drinking beer. LOL A coworker gave me about 15 movies to watch that we haven't seen.

Watched Identity Thief. Horrible. Not funny, lame and too contrived. And I WUBS me some Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy!!! I fell asleep that last 1/2 hour so I do need to watch it all before I really call it a bomb.


Watched Life of Pi because I read the book. I always like books better because they're more detailed and usually you can get into the minds of the characters.  Unless it's non-omniscient. The movie wasn't too bad. The book was better.

I'm baking a white heart shaped double layer cake. I've been craving white cake since a coworker's birthday. I'm getting my white cake Amanda!!!!  Hahahah The house smells wonderful. Reminds me of childhood because my mom baked all the time. From scratch too! She made everything from scratch even angel food cakes. It took me 4 years to convince her and Dad to buy a microwave. I was in 10th grade cooking class the first time I'd used one. She loved her microwave after she got it. Me and Jeff's microwave is 30 years old and still runs perfectly. No shit!! Granted it's a monster but it's perfect for the small TV on top of it. YES it's a working TV stand!!We bought it back in 1984 at JC Penney's. I refuse to buy a new one until this one stops running. Never had to replace a bulb yet either.

I just posted Silly Dilly Pretzels on Allrecipes.

16 oz pretzels
  • 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tblsp dried dill weed
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp celery salt

  • Directions
    1. Get a gallon size zip lock storage bag.
    2. To the bag add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
    3. Then add the oil. Mix again.
    4. Now add the pretzels and seal.
    5. Toss the bag to coat the pretzels evenly.
    6. Continue to roll the bag around a few times over the next 2 hours.
    7. Pour the contents into a new zip lock gallon sized bag.

    Footnotes

    • Olive oil can be substituted with any other oil, even Orville Redenbacher's Popping Oil. The longer the pretzels soak the drier they become. Eventually all the oil is absorbed by the pretzels.


    Let's do a review of a NON Bpal oil, shall we??

    Getting out my 'Other Etailers' ammo box.


    These are all the makers not the individual oil names:
    The front row is all Nocturne Alchemy oils.
    Row 2: Alkemia Perfumes
    3: The green single is Damonkitty, middle 3 is ZOMG, then single Mythos Mixtures, then single The Poison Apple Apothecary.
    4. Row 4 is all Arcana Soaps, old and new
    5. Single is Blooddrop, next 5 is Good Judy, last single is Lux Vixen
    6. Single is Woobiebath, single the Mindful Mushroom, next 5 are Violette Market.
    7. first 2 are Conjure Oils, single L'aromatica, single Wylde Ivy, single Magicalomaha.com
    8. Full row is Midnight Gypsy
    9. row is empty and crying for a new brand!
    10. Entire row is Black Phoenix Trading Post


    I'm going to choose one of those single puppies......Hmmm....

    Amber Chai by Wylde Ivy

    Clear in color.

    Kind of nondescript in the vial I had to put it on my hand to smell it. Fruity with some groundedness to it. I like it. It's pretty unobtrusive. Mellow and feminine. I'd wear this out and about. Amber, of course, I don't get any tea yet. A slight cinnamon smell is emerging after a few minutes. Faint though. Kind of florally with some candy-ness.

    It's a nice skin scent but too faint to enjoy.
    What's in this?  Hints of Amber create a base for rich Chai tea mingled with moist Madagascar vanilla beans. An intriguing blend of black tea, amber and vanilla with a hint of spice.

    http://wyldeivy.blogspot.com/2008/10/amber-chai-ice-princess-marshmallow.html


    THE best Sega game of all time!! Okay Okay Formula One Racing was pretty good too.


     
     
    Where's my Sega!!??

    No comments:

    Post a Comment