Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mississippi Crock Pot Roast Beast aka Mississippi Pot Roast

I'm making this today since I am off work for an appointment and found the recipe on one of my favorite blogs.   http://rouxbdoo.blogspot.com/  His blog link is also down and to the right  --->

It's 3:00 now and I put it on at 11:00, to be done by the time Jeff gets home. I went to my appt and came back and you're right Tim (Rouxbdoo)--it smells really good in here!! Yum! Can't wait to eat it.

Copied from Rouxbdoo's blog:
Mississippi Pot Roast
1 beef chuck roast, 3 - 4 lbs
1 packet McCormicks powdered Au Jus mix
1 packet Hidden Valley powdered Ranch Dressing mix
1 stick of butter
6 - 8 pepperoncini peppers

Preparation
Spray your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray, place roast in the pot, cover top with ranch mix and cover that with au jus mix. Lay the stick of butter on top and scatter the pepperoncinis over the top of the powder covered roast. Replace lid and cook for 8 hrs on LOW.

Now, here's the warning. DO NOT ADD WATER.


I haven't decided the sides yet but I do have some dense soft bread. Jeff loves bread with his meals.  I think he's going to devour this roast. Roast is his all time favorite meal over anything else! Maybe I'll make some red beans and rice for a side, that sounds good too.

I made a video of my kitchen, there's been several people that want to see all my suns I have decorated with.

 
 
Remember how I said I was letting my natural hair grow out?? Well, here's the stage I am at!! OMG! I've been blonde since 8th grade!!
SCE-E-E-E-E-R-E-D!!!
 

 
 Here's a pic when I had red, brown and blonde in my hair. I LOVED this look but the girl that did this for me moved to South Dakota and I've never been able to find anyone as good.
 
I have no idea what he wants. If anyone can tell me that'd be great!! I went into the kitchen to smell the roast beast and turned around to find this.
 
 
I think he's trying to look innocent, what do you think? Like....."I carry this ball around with me wherever I go so don't be getting any big ideas that I want to play or anything. In fact, I think it's stuck to my lip and I might need a bambulance."
 
 
 
"Or maybe I need a ballbulance. To lance this ball off my lips. It seems to be stuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment