Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bah!!! Internet AND cable TV down all night last night!!

Blasphemy!!!! Got home at 7pm, both out. Called Mediacom, they said 3-4 hours. Woke up at midnight, still out, called again. Told me 6am. Woke up, got ready for work, still out. Called at 7:50am. Told me 3 hours. uh huh. Mediacom sucks and if we had another cable company to use, we'd be using them but they have a monopoly here. We pay 250.00 a month for 4 cable boxes, one has HD and DVR, and internet. Ridiculous!!
I'm almost ready to go to Direct TV, but when we price what we have, the price is about the same for both.....so Id rather keep my cable because we have a lot of bad weather in Iowa and satellite would go down for sure during storms. Lose, lose situation. WE'RE IN A CATCH 22 DREAM!!

I'm HOOKED on Pinterest. Like I need a new website!!!

http://www.pinterest.com/cattastroficka/boards/

The food!!! The FOOD!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm in Vietnamese food heaven!! I ate homemade pho on Saturday and I'm already having another craving. Tomorrow me and Jasmine from work hit Pho 888 for lunch.

http://www.pho888.com/

She says there is a beef salad that's scrumptious. I can't wait!

Today I wore Phantom from Vapothecary (Nocturne Alchemy) to work. It's smells so wonderful that a co-worker yells someone smells good! She blamed another co-worker but that co-worker says not it's not me , I think it's Lori. I just acted like I didn't hear anything!! I don't want people smelling like me, so my lips were sealed!!

Phantom: http://cattastroficka.blogspot.com/2013/10/phantom-by-vapothecary.html

Today though it was all candylike, more candy than the first time I reviewed it. CRAZY! Crazy!!

We had guinea grinders for supper.

1 loaf French or Italian bread
1 lb 80% ground beef
1 lb hot Italian sausage
2 tblsp tomato paste
1/4 small onion chopped
1/4 green pepper chopped
1/2 large jalapeno chopped fine
4 to 6 Mozzarella cheese slices
4 American cheese slices
Chili powder to taste--I like about 2 tablsp
Garlic Powder to taste- I like 2 tsp.
Garlic salt to taste- I like 1 tsp
and some salt

Cook the beef and sausage all the while breaking it down with a spatula. Brown it. DO NOT pour off the grease! Add the seasonings and tomato paste. Stir well. Cook on low for 5 minutes.

Slice the bread horizontally in the middle. I then dig out some of the bread with my fingers to create a well in the bottom half. Load the meat into the well. Top with the onions, peppers and then the cheeses.
Bake at 325 for 25 minutes then up the temp to 375 for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let rest 5-8 minutes. Cut into manageable sizes.
The fats from the meat will soak into the bottom bread and create this oily, crispy crust. I suppose if you're watching your weight or fats then you can drain the meat but I don't recommend it. No wonder my doctor hates me. LOL

A wooden roller coaster from the 70's from my past. Rode it so many times that I could feel the curves and hills in this video. Awesome!!



No comments:

Post a Comment