Friday, November 15, 2013

BPAL's Mountain of Bone, Gaueko and Czernobog, I love my dawgs

so much that sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking that someday they are going to die. It makes me cry. I love on them all the time....like ..... A LOT. So maybe I will be okay thinking that I gave them lots of love and attention. I hope so. But I am not sure I am going to be able to bear them passing away.


Aren't they regal dogs?? Please excuse the dog snot on the window.
 
 
"What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? That's a secret shield that's impenetrable to radar, sound, gunfire, sonar, x-ray, satellite, night-vision, infrared, and nosy neighbors. Let's just keep our mouth shut about it, all right soldier?!"
 
I've got to order some Nocturne Alchemy Phantom. That's probably one of the best smelling oils I've tried lately.
I ate at Long John Silvers today for lunch and now I'm all puffy with water weight. LOL I didn't even eat supper. Man I love that food. Nothing like ingesting 1000 calories for lunch. Bah!
 
I'm going to bring some of my posts from BPAL Forum over to here so people can read them without having to sign up on BPAL.
 
Mountain of Bone
It's in a bottle and I can't tell what color it is. I know some of you are just moping about that right now, eh? Yeah right.

Very sweet and creamy. I smell some lemon or lime. It's pretty potent smelling too. It's a candy sort of smell. Like what a bag of gummy worms smells like freshly opened while walking through the parking lot of the store. I smell berries, lemon, cherries, maybe even coconut?? I am really liking this a lot. I'd definitely wear this to work. It's a happy scent. Let's see what's in this...

The notorious Vale pub, and the bhole's favorite after-practise hangout. White wine spritzers with a dribble of ooze and a bone-speared thok fruit garnish.

Yay, I did pretty good. Others got the fruit too. This is a bag of candy to me and so not what I was expecting......With the name I expected something sinister and bone cold. Not a happy bag of goodies. But I'll take it!!
 
 
Czernobog In the vial is that coca cola smell. I also get something creepy...like moss or dead wet leaves. I'm kinda liking it. LOL Seems to have something sour in it, and I still haven't put it on my skin yet. Smells kind of pissy too.

On the skin: Smoky, patchouli, incense and resin. That sour smell is mostly gone. I'm now getting a lot of green with this. Like big green pines with moss hanging from them next to a smokey fire.

Few minutes later: It's turning sharp.

A few more minutes: ACK. This has an odd pissy smell to it. Not liking it so much at this point.

Let's see what's in this....Created in honor of the Slavic Black God of the Dead. A nighttime god of grief, evil, chaos and woe, he is paralleled by his twin brother Bylebog, god of light, joy, order, and good fortune. A combination of three musks, with splashes of dark myrrh, vetiver and mullein.

I need to see what that Mullein is...well it's a plant but Wiki doesn't say what it smells like. I love, love, love musk, myrrh and vetiver so it has to be the mullein that smells pissy to me. It's a funky smell that I wouldn't even wear in public because I'd be afraid people thought I'd pissed my pants and let it dry...like over and over. Eeeek.
This has to be given away. I don't want it around at all. 
 
Now I'm going to do a blind pick of one that I've never reviewed before....
 
Gaueko
 
In the vial: invigorating, florals mixed with ozones, what stars would smell like. But not a hot star. Cool. Truly, truly invigorating is the word that comes to mind when I smell it.
 
When I put it on the back of my hand I could smell it in my nose from a foot away. Super white floral with some sea spray and maybe a hint of sourness. Maybe even some mint. Take a glass and in it put 3 mints, a lot of white flower petals and there it is. I love it. It's gorgeous.
What's in this? The Basque God of Night and all the perils of the darkness. Though he is the God of the Danger that Lurks in the Gloom, he is kind to men and warns them against the nighttime hazards and sets rules of conduct for both the living and the dead as they travel through his domain. It is said that since the warm, vibrant daylight is for the living, the abodes of night are reserved for the dead. All who heed his counsel are protected, but woe be to any man that disobeys the laws of Gaueko: he is swift to punish those that would scorn his advice. Blackened sandalwood and misty lavender, with curling wisps of smoky tobacco, nag champa, and labdanum.
 
 
Hmm, now that I look for it, yeah I get the nag champa, I think that combined with the lavender if what's giving me the minty smell.
I love this and it's a big bottle winner.
 
 
 
 
 
 Yeah, Nag Champa is the bomb!!! So is Gaga!
 
 
45 minutes: Nag is nagging me to no end. Loving this Gaueko!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment