Friday, August 2, 2013

Our 25th wedding anniversary is tomorrow

Always said we'd have a party but we're not. There's not too many people I'd want to invite. ROFLMAO

All my siblings live out of state. It's my younger brother's anniversary too. We all got married the same day.  In Virginia City.  Here's a pic when we went to Lake Tahoe the same trip.


Here's me now:
 
 
I ditched the 80's hairdo!

 
 
Blind pick of a BPAL.
 
 
The Blasphemare Reliquary
 
WTF?
 
Yellow in color. Snort. This is from the Carnaval Diabolique series (which is still dark-BAH!) http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/carnaval.html
 
I LOVE the Carnaval Diabolique scents. They are usually resinous, hearty, bold and incense-y. This Reliquary looks far from that though.... Guess I shouldn't assume the scent by the color.
 
Yummmm, cologne, spicy in the vial. Mah-vel-ous on the hand! It has a slight fruity tone but mainly it's reminds me of a man's scent. Musk, citrus, jasmine? It's so complex and perfect for either gender. I do get a slight mint too. I need a bottle of this.
 
Getting a bit creamy now after about 4 minutes. It reminds me of the colognes my Uncles smelled of when I was younger, like 8 or 9 years old. That smell with a modern twist.
What's in this?
Ethiopian myrrh, Damascus rose, boswellia, galbanum, and copal.
 
Galbanum: a light-brown, yellowish or greenish-yellow colour, and has a disagreeable, bitter taste, a peculiar, somewhat musky odour, an intense green scent
 
Copal: a name given to tree resin that is particularly identified with the aromatic resins used by the cultures of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica as ceremonially burned incense and other purposes.
 
Boswellia: is a genus of trees in Sapindales order, known for their fragrant resin which has many pharmacological uses, particularly as anti-inflammatories. The Biblical incense frankincense was probably an extract from the resin of the tree, Boswellia sacra.
 
I'll say it again! I wubs me some Wiki!!! I wubs me some Carnaval Diabolique!! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment