Saturday, August 17, 2013

No blind pick here, no sirree!!

I chose this bpal for the color. I'm tired of the yellows. This one is a nice brown color.

Thanatos

In the vial. Rootbeer or cola. For you Swedish it's like Julmust but not as sweet. Ahhh, super resiney and woody. But not a piney wood. More like a musky patchouli.
On the hand is flat out punchy patchy musk.  Intensely sexual. Exactly what I was hoping for because of the color. There also seems to be another scent within in that's making it a bit spicy and another that's making it sweet.

What's in this? One of the horrible, painful, cruel, brooding, mocking and malignant children of Nyx, he is Death Incarnate, and is seen as a willowy young man, accompanied by a butterfly, bearing an inverted torch and funeral wreath in his hands. In modern thought, thanks to Sigmund Freud, it is the Death Instinct: love of death, destruction and decay, and the desire to embrace the quiescence, silence and peace of the grave. Dry white sandalwood and soft Siamese benzoin over a lugubrious blend of myrrh, Moroccan rose, mastic, tomb moss and a thin whiff of Greek incense.

Oh! I smell the benzoin now. One of my fave bpal scents along with ambergris. I'm not getting any definite rose but that's probably the sweetness I perceive. I am loving this a lot. Another one the hubby will hate. The sandalwood, myrrh and incense are what's creating the patchouli for me.
A keeper and big bottle winner tho I doubt I will get one since Jeff thinks this type of smell reminds him of body odor. LOL This reminds me of the New Orleans scent by bpal the more it dries.

When I was perusing my bpals tonight looking for a dark colored scent, I came across:

Hermia

Now, it's NOT dark colored, in fact it's almost clear with a hint of yellow but the name reminded me of the song Zwitter by Rammstein. The song is about a hermaphrodite. Now if you don't know what that is I suggest you ask your Mommy.
So of course, I need to review this one!!

In the vial: Ack!!! Putrid greatness. Sour, twangy, freaky.

On the hand it bright, light, white, zippy, freaking awesome gorgeous citrus. Is there melon in this?? LOVE THIS! I smells lots of flowers. White and purple flowers. This is super fresh and vibrant. Like a gardenia or magnolia candle (I have both and they're faves). This is also aquatic, like waves crashing on the shore.
What's in this?

How low am I, thou painted maypole? speak;
How low am I? I am not yet so low
But that my nails can reach unto thine eyes.


Pink pepper, golden amber, honeysuckle, and passion flower.



OMG Honeysuckle! I should have known. My Aunt Caroline loved honeysuckle, so I sought it out when I got older. Of all the floral scents in the world, magnolia, honeysuckle, lilac, and gardenia are my ultimate favorites. I like rose too but not like these four.
This scent is beautiful. The song by Rammstein. It has the lyrics in English.

 
Thanks Missy for turning me on to Rammstein. It's like my favorite group right now and I will own all of their CDs soon! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment