Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sirens!

Today was the first Saturday of the month and my city always tests their emergency sirens at noon. Today was no exception. Now, I've never taught my dawgs to pay any attention to storms or sirens. In fact we live 2 blocks from a fire station and we are on one of the main streets so we have paramedics and fire engines squeal by quite frequently.  Doesn't bother my dawgs a bit.
But the sirens on the first Saturday of the month??? That creates a whole howling system between the two of them that lasts for the entire 60 seconds the sirens are set off.
Today Ava was in the bedroom sleeping on the bed. Me and Stark were in the living room when the sirens went off. Stark jumps on the couch while I open the window (yeah, I'm an enabler!) and starts howling. I hear Ava wake up in the bedroom and she starts howling from there. So of course I have to join in.....and the three of us wailed for a minute. It's a freaking riot. LOL I'm going to get video to post next time. I attribute it to them being German Shepherds, and it's probably ingrained into their heritage. Hearing sirens I mean. LOL I don't know. All I know is it's freaky crazy and if anyone is ever walking by at the time I'm sure they think we're crazy. HA~


Blind pick.


Blue Morpho 

Super light yellow in color. Sweet in the vial. I'm thinking lilacs and violets. LOL If I say violets it's gonna be roses....just watch!! HA! This is sugary sweet on the hand. Uber feminine. It's not so much floral either.....it's more like a sweet perfume from the olden days....like victorian. There's also something bitey in it like carnation. So even though it's amazingly feminine, it's also strong and frisky.I love this and will have to get a big bottle. It's seems complex, like I like.

What's in this?

Wild orchid, pikake, honeysuckle, calla lily, agave nectar, pink geranium, violet leaf, and white amber.


Ahhhh, I love honeysuckle. The amber and agave is keeping this from being too big of a flower bouquet. They ground the florals to make them seamless and well blended together. What a beautiful scent. I love this combination. It still reminds me of a fragrance from old. Something from long ago but timeless. Audry Hepburn would have worn this.

4 comments:

  1. I'm here! Cleaning up (still) from hurricane Sandy. Nothing says a good time like having big ass trees come down in the horses paddock- scared them half to death, poor monkeys! And Lori, I was talking to you about the strawberry- rhubarb thing nyoi had mentions it in one of the earlier posts you made over on bpal.org. As far as smellies go, have you tried Love In Idleness? I was wearing it yesterday, and I thought that you would love it! Surely you have a imp of it somewhere in your hoard!


    Much love from your chainsaw- wielding hype bitch (bitch is a compliment! At least in this form)

    PS your best friend sounds like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, didn't realize you were dealing with hurricane Sandy. What a mess. And you have horses??? I am so jealous! I love horses. I've always said that before I die I plan to own three things. A dishwasher, a corvette and a horse. I got my dishawsher at the age of 35, we're looking at corvettes now that our 2008 King Ranch is almost paid for (2 more payments of $666.00 each--yay!) and I will never own a horse. It's just not possible.
    I'm glad none of your animals were hurt. Were you in the brunt of it? Ddi you lose power? Not fun cleaning up either, is it? Bah

    Hmmmm, I bet you mean my aunt's rhubarb pie recipe. I'll post it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I got 3 of them- a Mini, a Morgan, and a Arabian/Mustang old man (He's going to be 23 in a few months!). They're complete cray-cray right now as the weathers turning colder, but I love them (even if I don't want to be near them at the moment- the Morgan is in a major 'bite EVERYTHING!' phase right now, and my fluffy jacket is at the top of that list). But you could always take lessons! That's how I got into them, and it just kept going. Or minis- the dogs looove the minis... Sadly the feeling is not mutual. Cricket can be the devil with the dogs! :D I must needs get smilies!!!!
    And Sandy was supposed to be a "Frankinstorm" but it just rained a few days, and it was windy up here in NH- people need to stop being so melodramatic when it's above freezing. Seriously, 45 is not that cold for this time of year! And we don't have any snow! Stop whining! Haha, I have no sympathy for anyone.
    And you like Blue October, too! 15 extra awesomeness points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS My husband LOVES Blue October now. His fave is Hate Me.

    ReplyDelete