Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sail away..............................

My BFF gave me a bunch of cookbooks today. I don't know why she even has cookbooks. She can't cook. She told me one time she made instant potatoes and didn't realize that the water needed to be boiling before she added the flakes. So she adds the flakes, reads the box and realizes she messed up. So she dumps all of it in the garbage to start over. She says about 15 minutes later she looks in the garbage and lo and behold, there was instant potatoes. ROFLMAO....now that's funny. Once we went over there and she was pulling some things out of the oven on a large cookie sheet and exclaimed, "LOOK WHAT I MADE!!"
It was english muffins with jarred pizza sauce and pepperoni and mozzarella cheese mini pizzas. So I think you get the idea on what I'm talking about here...... haha! Gotta love her. And I do. :)


All Souls (2007)

This is from bpals 2007 Halloween collection.

Yum in the bottle. Yes this is a 5ml of this one. I think it might have blood in it. It seems simmery. Foodie too but not a sweet foodie.

Wet on the wrist. Strawberry or cherry. Head shop smell. I feel a slight tingle on my wrist. Cinnamon? There's a flamboyant floral in this one. Like jasmine or lavender or lilac, maybe gardenia or honeysuckle. I'm also getting a musk.

It's getting a lot more floral as it dries. I love this and will have to wear it to work on Monday to see how it plays all day. I am really liking the resin/floral combination on this. 
What's in it? ... An incense blend that invokes the higher qualities of mercy and compassion, mingled with the soft, sugared currant scent of offertory soul cakes.

Yay! There's a scent description....not much of one though. Booo.


Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving! I watched The Pioneer Woman's show on the Food Network today. She made a brined turkey that looked to die for. The way she shows how to cook foods reminds me of Anne Burrell, they both make it look so easy to make certain foods, so I'm not so scared to try to make it!

This All Souls needs slathered!!

It does smell somewhat foodie at first. Like maple syrup or gingerbread dough or something along those lines. Very chewy, honeyed, molasses cookies, or sweet brown buttered squash. Just everything sweet and bakery for the holidays. Then it turns musky. A good musk. Notice how this turned sweet foodie too?? I think this is one of those scents that men like their women to smell like. The homecook wife making toll house chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie, bread. Me thinks it goes back to mom cooking in the kitchen when they were growing up.




Okay, maybe that's too extreme, but that's what I pictured.


Is this better?

No comments:

Post a Comment