Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oranges to apples and no more cats!

Okay, I gotta get back to posting. ;) I bet you all think I've been in the bathtub this whole time huh!!!??? I meant with my Moonalisa stuff I got!  ha!

Noooooooooooo!  <shaking my finger>

Been lazy. That's it. The truth. Too lazy to type. Or maybe 'wasn't in the mood's a better answer. Oh well, whatever. I'm back.

I haven't decided what to make for supper yet. Last night I made homemade alfredo with garlic shrimp. Tonight's garbage night too. Tomorrow is trash day and my husband has named the night before as Garbage Night. That means we have to scoop all the litter boxes (8 of them--I know, right? Seems like a lot for 4 cats....but....... it's what we have), gather all the trash in the small trash cans throughout the house, so he can take all the garbage to the curb in the morning. pffffff

He get's all hypertensive about it too. Like if he walks in tonight and I haven't started 'garbage night' he's pissed. My responsibilities are the 5 litter boxes on the main floor, and all the garbage cans too (5 total-one in each room except the kitchen). His responsibilties are the 3 litter boxes in the basement and the 1 garbage can in the basement bathroom. Sounds unfair right? Nope. Because the cats like the basement litter boxes better!! Mine have like 4 pees and 4 poops total in all 5!!!  Hehe....his has like all the rest!! 4 cats x a week of pottying!

NO MORE CATS. NO MORE CATS. NO MORE CATS. NO MORE CATS.
I chant this every day.
When I see a cute little kitten I have to smack myself upside my head, really hard like I need to hear bells and see stars type smack. Notice I'm not laughing? Yeah.

Blind pick!

Ladon

Gold in color. Ooooh, nicely sweet and solid. Sweet but it still has some depth in it. Reminds me of an orange flower. Like a sunflower. I am liking this a lot! I don't know if this has oranges in it but it sure makes me think that. This is a warm smell. Smoky. Sunshiney. Definitely a big bottle winner.
 What's in this: The hundred-headed dragon that guards the garden of the Hesperides: dragon's blood resin, golden apple, apple blossom, white musk and hyacinth.

Oh it's apple! That's what I smelled. I should have realized that since I have Golden Apple of the Sun. In fact this reminds me of that. I will get that bottle out to compare.
Golden Apple is a lot more appley while Ladon is warmer. I like Ladon better. Where's Elin when I need her, she'd love this. Here's what Golden Apple of the Sun has in it:
Golden apple with amber, hibiscus, carnation, frankincense, golden spiced tea, ginger, and champaca flower.

Now I don't get much of the champaca in the Golden Sun, but I do get the musk in Ladon. I think that's why I like it better because the musk really makes it warm and enveloping.

While Golden Apple seems to me to be more like a rotting apple, Ladon is sweet and freshly picked with the musk and blood resin giving it some depth. Edible.
Golden Apple is not edible, but it's unique in it's own way.

Both remind me of this song:






BE SURE TO CLICK THE BOX ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT TO MAKE IT FULL SCREEN. OH AND TAKE A HIT OF ACID FIRST.  LOL  JUST KIDDING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment