Sunday, September 15, 2013

Men

Reading one of my favorite blogs I came across this comment by Opus#6:
Others prefer a MAN who can get business done. If that business is going downstairs at 3am to check what that noise is and he is extremely effective at keeping the family safe, all the better.

That reminded me of a story my sister told me while we were drinking at my brother's Jimmy Buffett party years ago. Her husband's name is Bill.

They lived in a small country town called Truro. They lived on the edge of town in a house built in 1900's that has the large wooden porch that was so popular in those times. They no longer live here so I am good to go on posting a pic of the house.



About 3 in the morning they're in bed and Michelle hears some noises on the front porch. It sounds like people walking on it. Clop! Clop! Clop! She wakes up Bill. "Bill! There's someone on our porch! Go down and see who it is!"
"No way, I'm not getting shot."
So Michelle goes down and looks out the window and the neighbors' sheep had gotten loose and she had about 50 of them in her yard and all over her porch.

She said they were all bahing, "Biiiiiilllll! Biiiiillllll!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

(you know the jokes about men and sheep)

I wasn't prepared for that punch line when she was telling me the story and I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard. In actuality when she was telling the neighbors about it, the neighbor is the one that asked if they were crying Biiiiiilllll. So she decided to add that to the story. Too freaking funny.

There's a man for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment