Sunday, September 22, 2013

Drivin my life away!


(He's so cute)


It's bright sunshine and 75 degrees today so we went a drivin' with the top down in Loo-See.  Three and a half hours later, we're back. That car is a BLAST to drive! OMG! We put 200 miles on it today. We went north out to Saylorville Lake and drove above and below the dam, then we went way to the west to the Jordan Creek area, then south to SouthRidge Mall to Petco for dawg food, then to Indianola, Iowa, to the Walmart there.
A 33lb of Royal Canin German Shepherd food is $59.99 and fits divinely in the trunk. Mojo eats it too. (Weird cat.)  Four Walmart sacks fit divinely too, along with my purse. There was even room to spare! I coulda bought 4 more bags!! When the top's down it doesn't take up any trunk space. Sweet!
 
 I freaking love my car!!!!

These are Morning Glories. I do believe they are my favorite flower anymore. I buy a variety of different colors every year and they also self sow which is a bonus. They can kind of take over but I don't care. They are always multicolored too. Like brilliant starbursts. So pretty.


This year the blues thrived along with the pinks. Last year it was the deep purples and fuchias. The pinks are closed because they bloomed last night about 7 pm. They'll open up again tonight , I will have to get another pic. I let them sow anywhere too. They are a vine so they wrap around anything and everything. They've even climbed up from our wrought iron on the stoop, and attached to my wind chimes, and then the wind chime doesn't chime anymore! Which is not a bad thing if you're an insomniac like me.  In the morning when I go to work they are all open and waving goodbye as I pull out of the drive. They are an easy flower to grow and germinate with no work. I just buy some seed packets and sprinkle the packets over some areas I want them to grow. No digging or covering the seeds is necessary.
I moved around the stuff hanging over my sink. It's better balanced now. I love my house. I have cat figurines in the birdcages, in a hanging light and along the windowsills. Can you see all the kitties? This is an eclectic mixture of suns, birdcages, butterflies, stars, cats, hanging tea light lanterns, a frog, spiders, and fish.

We're having Iowa Chops for supper with homemade potato salad. The potato salad has onion, celery, celery seed, dill weed and mustard in the sugared mayonnaise sauce. I normally don't use mustard in my potato salad but Jeff likes it in it.

Blind Pick~!

Velvet  (BPAL)

In the vial: hazelnut? Nutty. Sunflower seeds.

On the hand: chocolate, that plastic chocolate that bpal is known for. I'm not getting anything else but plastic chocolate. Blech.
Not even worth describing. What's in this? Envelop yourself in the soft, sensual embrace of gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh.

Hopefully the sandalwood and myrrh will come out to play in a bit. But right now.....this is hideous.






Me loves Katy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment