Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Iowa by Possets

There was a bottle of Posset's Limoncello Giardino Rosamarino for sale on Ebay that I won. It's the original formula is why I snagged it. It's the most delectable creamy lemon that finally dries down into this light white floral on my skin. The second formula is good too but I don't think it dries down into the exact same smell. I am going to test my theory today. So I am putting Original on my right wrist and Rev 1. on my left. I must say they do smell exactly alike while wet.
Anyway, back to Iowa by Possets. The ebay seller included a vial of Iowa, which I have been wanting to try for so long! The description made it sound too sweet for me to order a whole bottle, and I was afraid I wouldn't like it and have this whole bottle of something I wouldn't wear.
Well, I'll be dingled if I don't like it! And it is sweet. Smells like buttered popcorn, smothered with maple syrup. At first anyway.

Here's Fabienne of Possets' description: One of the most daring fragrances I have ever created, this one starts out with a crystallized vanilla which I  had to bring back to life, then there is a hint of turbinado sugar, and a large dose of an accord I got based on wheat (there is no wheat in it, it's the essence of the fragrance of wheat blossoms), and a small amount of a whiskey-like addition. Very comforting and sweet but dry is the only way I can explain this scent. It is a real morpher and I am sure that it changes considerably on anyone who wears it. Named after a state with is noted for comfort rather than cutting edge, this fragrance may fool you just like the real place! Iowa busts all of the myths about it's being staid. It's wild. Very much like having a passionate fling in a cornfield. Perfect for fall.
It's really lost it's intenseness sitting here. It's faded pretty fast. Must be one that I would need to keep re-applying. So for that reason alone I won't be buying a big bottle even though I love vanilla. And I was correct about the Limoncello, the original version is much stronger and just smells better after a while. A lot more intense than Rev. 1.
The original is more lemony and the Rev. 1 is more fruity on drydown.
Iowa now smells like a sweet booze. Where's my Templeton Rye!? It's a strong flavored, nose bending Iowa made whisky. We had one bottle given to us over a year ago when it was hard to find, but now they are mass producing it so we see it in stores now. We bought a second bottle.
BTW--I am NOT related to Keith! Me thinks he's drunk already because at 6:00 into the video he calls it beer. LOL I just took a shot of it. It does taste like buttery biscuits. He'd probably be a good BPAL reviewer. ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment