Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm in the mooooooooood

for some bpal.


Blind pick.

Kill Devil

What a freaking awesome name!! Didn't even know I had this. Never heard of it before either. It's gonna be special! I can just tell!

Uh huh.

Clear in color. Candy putridness. Yeah, I mean that. It's sweet yet incredibly dead smelling. LOL Like lemon chocolate. Two flavors that totally bombard the senses and don't get along. Not in this anyway. Ack! It's still in the vial too. I'm sceeeeered to let it out.

Ok, here goes! It's strong. I haven't even brought it up to my nose and I can smell it from here. from far away, it's nice. About 2 inches from my nose I get the lemon. Any closer and I get the dead. It's dead chocolate. LOL So far not something I'd wear wet into public. It's taking forever to dry too! The back of my hand looks like an oil slick.

As it dries I smell more of the citrus. I LOVE lemon oils. Never thought I'd say that a year and a half ago.

It's still not dry.


While it's drying and morphing I am going to talk about an awesome spice company I found.

http://www.urbanaccents.com/

Their customer service is the best of the best. No details to be given, just believe me. I have two orders, one arrived today and another will arrive Tuesday.
here's how I found them.
About 5 years ago I went to a new Super Target. http://www.target.com/  Super Target has a grocery area and they sell some hard to find items, especially ethnic items. I found a discount endcap and bought some Asian Blend sea salt. The main name was 'the art of spice' so when I started running low I googled that name. Nada. I searched on Ebay, nada. There was even a link on the item www.artofspice.com



But I couldn't find anything like this sea salt. So I added to it with what I thought was in it. I added 5 spice powder, raw and black sesame seeds, sea salt and some ground ginger. I didn't do too bad, but it still wasn't the same. I use it on my fried breakfast hash I make. It has hash browns, eggs, carmelized onions, green bell pepper, corn, bacon and maple sausage.

So finally last week I googled Urban Accents. Found it! My Asian Spice blend came with a little scoop in a plastic bag,


the new version was named different and had no scoop.



I still have my scoop! And it's still in the plastic!

*Kill Devil stills smells creepy. Dead-like.*

I also received: Spanish Smoked Seasoned Salt

 
 


And Mango Masala Seasoned Salt:

 



What the hell is in this Kill Devil creepy ass shit?

Sugar cane, molasses, oak wood, and honey.

Well, thankfully some other reviewers got the lemon/lime smell I did, otherwise I'd be signing myself into Mental Health downtown.

If you like Chinese 5 spice powder you will love the Ginger Szechwan salt, it's great on a whole chicken roasted in the oven. Roast at 325 degrees. After the chicken has cooked and a thermometer reads 165 degrees, pour 1 cup of honey all over the chicken. Makes sure the honey covers all of the skin. Cook for another 4 minutes. Pull the chicken from the oven and sprinkle the Asian salt over the whole bird. Remember it's salt, so go easy, so usually I add some extras five spice powder over the whole bird. Let sit 10 minutes, then cut into pieces and enjoy!

The Spanish Smoked salt is truly smokey! I love it. I plan to use it in my paella.

And talk about crazy! The Mango Masala salt is crazy mango-ey! I'm going to use it for a marguerita salt for the rim of the glass! It reminds me of Bpal's Luau Lounge series. Uber tropical and will be good on fish.

This creepy Kill-Devil crap's gotta go. It reminds me of Zombi and all the dead smelling bpals. ack! No good on drydown......and here I thought it was gonna be special. pfffffffft

No comments:

Post a Comment