Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Garlic Grilled Shrimp


Here's what I am making tonight. Jeff doesn't like me to leave the shells on but I am going to. He's going to have to deal with it. I think the butter and garlic will infuse into the shrimp better with the shells on. I am also making it with scallops. These are some size 8 shrimp that come split and deveined already from Sam's Club. The huge sea scallops are from Sam's too. I plan to cook them on a flat cast iron skillet. We are having italian salad for a side. To give an idea how big the shrimp are I stuck my fat hand into the pic. I also added some red pepper flakes to the bag. I would have added some cayenne pepper but Wimpy Chicken Shit would bitch. ;) The flat leaf parsley is on the way, WCS is picking it up from the store as I type. See? He's a good guy, even though he doesn't like hot and spicy food!!




2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

Wash shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a gallon-size, zip-top plastic bag. Add olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to the bag. Shake to combine thoroughly and coat shrimp. Refrigerate for an hour to allow flavors to develop.

Thread shrimp on skewers and grill over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until shrimp become opaque.

I hope to remember to take a few pics after it's done. But I can't promise anything...I get on a roll and if I didn't have a voice mail or email to remind me....... I'd forget to dress every day. hehe

I almost forgot! I had mine plated (Jeff had already run off with his) so I put mine back on the skillet to get that final pic. Here's first on the skillet, during and final!! They were awesome. Jeff didn't even mind being in the shells because the meat came out easy! He said it was like eating a mini lobster.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment