Friday, February 21, 2014

I LOVE SNOW-saved post from Thursday--and the blizzard went kapooey

But there's a limit. And I've hit mine this year. We keep getting snowstorm after snowstorm. It's freaking crazy. Left work today at 1:00 because it was snowing so bad and now it's let up. Sigh. We're to have a blizzard tonight. OMG!

"Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 am CST Friday...

short term trends...periods of heavy snow are expected across much of the warning area with snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour. Local thundersnow will occur which will enhance rates even more.

Storm total snow/ice accumulations...a widespread band of 4 to 8 inches of snow is anticipated. Isolated higher amounts will be possible in areas that see enhanced rates due to thundersnow.

Winds/visibility...northwesterly winds will continue to increase...with sustained winds of 25 to 35 mph likely along with gusts of 50 mph by late afternoon. This will produce whiteout conditions...especially in rural areas with life- threatening blizzard conditions.

Impacts...the band of wet and heavy snow will stick to trees and power lines potentially causing damage once winds increase. Very low visibility and intense snowfall rates are likely to quickly cover roads and make travel hazardous to impossible at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibilities are likely. This will lead to whiteout conditions...making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel...have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded...stay with your vehicle."
One night about 3 weeks ago after work the roads were so bad that people couldn't even get home. The roads were too slippery and Iowans KNOW how to drive in snow. It was bad.  My husband came to my work (he works about 7 blocks away) at 5:00 and we waited until 6PM to go home. I even left the truck at work. Crazy winter. Our back yard is a pond. Arg! Stark plows through it then comes in and gets everything all wet. I LOVE my pleather couch at times like this. LOL Actually he doesn't get on the couch too often. Ava's the couch hawg. In fact when I get home after work she is always on it. I feel if you can't allow your dog on the couch, then why have a dog? My dogs are my kids. In fact I think I like them better than I would my kids. LOL

I have a stupid tick in my left eye's eyelid and it's driving me crazy........Bah!

Snowplow just went by. Also have crows in the yard because I tossed out corn on the cob, bird food and wheat bread slices.





No comments:

Post a Comment