Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A saved post from Sunday...

Today we went shopping (if you can call it that) at Goodwill and flea markets. I was looking for several things.....Halloween and Christmas stuff that I can decorate my wreaths, books (preferably science fiction or horror because Anna at work gets me other genres like drama, history etc.), jewelry,  anything unique, any thing that called to me, anything I just had to have. We also hit the dollar store and I stocked up on green, purple, valentine and filler floral bushes.  Filler florals are flowers that are small and fill in between the bigger flowers on my wreaths. Fillers are key to a nice, full  looking wreath.

I'M ON VACATION!!

At home I am currently reading 'The Face' by Dean Koonz. Hellish book and I normally don't feel that with his books.
At work I am reading the last in the 4 book series called Hyperion, The fall of Hyperion, Endymion and The Rise of Endymion by one of my all time favorite authors Dan Simmons. I started out reading his horror books that were mesmerizing. I tried to read his 'Ilium' but couldn't get past the second page. Sorry Dan. I've also started it twice. Couldn't read it. I wanted to and still want to but. I. don't. know.... lol. It's a bit......different. Let me get Wiki:
Ilium is a science fiction novel by Dan Simmons, the first part of the Ilium/Olympos cycle, concerning the re-creation of the events in the Iliad on an alternate Earth and Mars. These events are set in motion by beings who have taken on the roles of the Greek gods. Like Simmons' earlier series, the Hyperion Cantos, the novel is a form of "literary science fiction" which relies heavily on intertextuality, in this case with Homer and Shakespeare, as well as periodic references to Marcel Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu (or In Search of Lost Time) and Vladimir Nabokov's novel Ada or Ardor: A Family Chronicle. In July 2004, Ilium received a Locus Award for best science fiction novel of 2004.[1]

Stark's snoring. He's on the couch! Normally he doesn't do that because Ava hogs the couch during the day.  He's crashed and snoring.

I need to clean.

I want a maid.

Jeff says I would clean before a maid got here and they wouldn't have anything to do.

Uh. No.

Well.....maybe......

A bit.

Yeah I would.

But then I'd get 'used' to the maid and I'd leave her all kinds of shit. She'd hate me.

I can't have a maid hating me. That's only in the movies isn't it?

Not if I tipped her good. And made her laugh. LOL

Laughter. The universal language. I truly believe that.

OH! We also went to an Asian grocery store. I needed pho staples.          hehe 

Srirachi, hoison, pho noodles and fresh thai chilies. They smelled hot! yeah! We ordered from the Vietnamese restaurant  again last night. I didn't get any cilantro but that didn't bother me. As long as I get thai basil nothing else matters. Their pork and shrimp spring rolls are our number one in flavor. The pork is browned. There's bean sprouts, shrimp, cooked pork, bean thread or rice sticks and lettuce.

I get the medium size pho and it's enough for two meals.

I'M ON VACATION!!

I'm going to eat it tomorrow

I just started 'Dumb and Dumber' that I dvr'ed. One of the few 'dumb' movies I can handle. Jeff and Jim pull off dumb super convincingly in this. To be able to pull off dumb means you've been there....

I didn't watch it. Instead I went down to the basement and made a Halloween wreath. It turned out really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment