Saturday, July 20, 2013

Some of what I do

I just realized my About Me tells people that I decorate jean jackets and make wreaths yet I don't think I've ever posted my work.
Here's some pics:


Above is an American Indian themed jacket. My dad used to make indian Kachina dolls so he used to buy authentic indian items to make them. Then he ended up giving it all to me when he stopped making them. The striped cloth on the shoulder is an authentic indian trading blanket. The buffalo head was a refrigerator magnet from Walmart. LOL I tied and glued leather strips to it. I made the round leather medallion. He also had indian books and I got the color schemes from them. The bottom brown blobs is leather cut into bear claw shapes. What inspired me was that I found a handkerchief at my mother in law's amongst her craft things. I stole it (yeah I did!-she had so much crap she never missed it, plus when I told her later she just laughed and said to use it! use it!) The handkerchief had the indian on the horse that I put on the back. I cut it out and fused it onto the jacket. I also made the fringe for the arms. painted the stripes on the back, made all the danglies etc. There's deer hooves, trading beads, other beads, horsehair, etc. The white fur on the back shoulder is rabbit.





The other four jackets are just some that I went crazy on. LOL Click the pic to enlarge. I used cloth, beads, buttons, paints, pins, jewelry, fringe, bells, lace, appliques, sequins....anything that would glue to them.
I also have jackets with these themes: angels, butterflies, southwestern, Jimmy Buffet, reggae. tropical.
 I want to make these themes: cats, dogs, horses, Christmas, birds, animal print, St. Patrick's Day, flowers, shopping,... the list goes on and on.....



Some of my wreaths:






No comments:

Post a Comment