Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bpal blind pick

Gonna reach into the white boxes bought from sharkdiver on ebay.

Yew Berry Infused Honey


Honey colored! pffft!

First sniff in the vial it smells like a fountain soda pop just filled into a glass at a 1950's diner. I can feel the bubbles being sucked into my nose as I type.
Second sniff smells more musky That is so weird,  it doesn't smell anything like the first sniff. I am getting the yew. We have yew bushes in front of our house and I also grew up with them. They are piney and sharp smelling.
On the hand it's resiney, manly and sharp like the yews. I like it. I do smell some honey coming through also, but not much because it's not all that sweet, but it does mellow the yew out some. This would make the most magnificent candle. There's a floral in here too but I can't pinpoint it. I suck at identifying florals anyway so I don't know why I even try. LOL
As it dries it's getting lemony. Lemon bpal and Possets are some of my favorite smells, so this is a winner. What's in this?
Bah! There's no scent description. Here's some reviews:

*In the bottle this smells very bitter, but once I applied it on my skin it really changed into something beautiful. I get a little bit of evergreen (not much) and a touch of sweetness and a spiciness that I love in my oils. It does constantly change over time and mellows and I do find myself sniffing my arm time and time again. The honey/sweetness and evergreen fades completely on me and I am left with a simple light, gorgeous spicy scent. LOVE        (yay, she/he got the same thing I did)

* It opens up as a sweet, woody-resin scent, reminiscent of what you might get if you blended honey, evergreen, and myrrh together.

*I get a little bit of something like cool evergreen, but it's mostly a honeyed spice smell that's sort of like spiced cola on my skin at first. (YES! another cola reference!!)

Today I am making frog legs for lunch. I have some Andy's Cajun fish breading that I am going to use since I want them spicy. I like the lower parts of the legs better so I plan to split the thigh so they're thinner. Ever seen this? Thankfully mine are frozen and not fresh. Mine won't be doing this!

If I can remember to take pics I'll be back.


Oh, and Yew Berry IH has turned to all honey and spice. Loving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment