Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!

The Brides of Dracula!!!!

mwahahahahahahaha !!! <<<that's supposed to sound scary

That's the bpal I've chosen to review right now. Not a blind pick.

 BOOOO!!! (I hear some of you scream)

Light yellow in color. Nope not gold, there's no red in this. Amazing!

Medicinal in the vial. Kind of like that alcohol smell in hospitals. I also get something bright. On the hand it's floral.  It's mellowed after escaping the vial and wants to tame but it's not gonna. I'm no longer getting that medicinal scent. Smelling this just made me sneeze. Some flower is pretty strong here. Spicy, golden and bright are the adjectives that come to mind.
5 min: it's getting better! That floral is turning gorgeous and even though this is spicy it's very womanly. Like a dark haired Spanish dancer after a dance and the flowers in her hair and her musky sweat all combine making her essence both sensual and wildly exotic.

Oooo-la--lah!
 
Today I am making RouxBDoo's Creole Red Bean Stew. It's his post from June 10th--see his blog
                                                                                                  
Over there>>>>>>>>>
 
 
The only changes I will make is the Ro-tel tomatoes ( I actually don't like them, I find they make foods bitter and too tangy. I gave a whole case (minus one can) that I'd bought at Sam's Club to a co-worker when I decided I didn't like them. She was thrilled.) and the Tony Chachere's seasoning. I don't have any of that any more (used to) but I have so many other Cajun seasonings that I can use it's not even funny. Normally I'd use dried red beans but I didn't notice his recipe until today so I haven't soaked any so I will be using canned also. Oh! I am also going to use a beef broth instead of water. Don't know why, I just saw it in the pantry when I was gathering all this and decided to try it. I am also adding green pepper. I CANNOT MAKE RED BEANS AND RICE WITHOUT THE TRINITY!!!  hehe

 
Here's all the Cajun seasonings I have. I used to have even more but I purged my spices a couple months ago. I know the Creole Seasoning isn't for this dish so back into the cupboard it goes, along with Emeril and the Tone's. That middle one with the white label is Kitchen Witch's own personal blend. It's this old lady that owns a bookstore in New Orleans called the Kitchen Witch. I discovered it about the first or second year we went to NO and I always buy cook books from her. One year she had this Kitchen Witch Cajun seasoning so I bought it. I think that's the one I will use today. It's very salty so I will either not add any salt or adjust the salt way down. I also have bacon grease in a glass jar in my fridge. I use it when I make homemade refried beans. I add it to the mashed beans and it adds a lot of flavor. My mom taught me that, and Fatima Medina taught her that.
 
SO! I'm ready to cook!! Nope, my camera battery died. Will re-charge and be back in a bit!
 
PS The Brides of Dracula's fangs are gone. It's all sweet and florally with a hint of spice. What's in it??
Unquenchable desire, seething lust, malevolent sexuality, and voracious hunger lurking beneath a shimmering veil of unearthly beauty: gleaming skin musk, honey and white amber, plum blossom, osmanthus, sandalwood, calla lily, and a light, sensual blend of Eastern spices.
 

 
 
 





Now it will simmer a bit then be ready to eat with rice, sweet corn on the cob,  and thick cut Iowa pork chops on the grill!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment