Friday, July 26, 2013

HELLFIRE!!!!

Don't worry, it's a bpal I'm ready to review.


Almost clear in color, just the slightest yellow. Floral in the vial. Subtly bitter or acidic, but not much. Kinda get that Dr. Pepper smell.

Mediocre on the hand. At first. Then it brightens as it sits. Slighty minty, all florally. Like smelling a piece of gum. It's getting more minty the longer it's on. Somewhat leathery too.

4 min: The floral is almost gone now. It's all mint now. I think I like it. Missy, you'd like it too.

What's in this?  A scent celebrating Sir Francis Dashwood's Order of the Knights of St. Francis of Wycombe, also known as the Hellfire Club. A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.

WOW I got the leather correct!! Yeehaa! But the mint is a mystery. I love, love, love ambergris...so maybe that combined with the incense smoke makes a minty smell to me.   ???  (If you didn't know, ambergris is whale vomit. Thought I'd just toss that in for the minions) I am going to see if others got mint....YEP!
"im very confused - im not sure if the Hellfire imp i got in a swap is the new or the old, but its like neither, wearing it its alot like...stale doublemint gum. "
"Hmm,, sweet incense, honeyish, a little minty,"

Yay! I'm not crazy!

10 min: Mint's settling and it's getting muskier. Starting to love this. Heavenly!

About 4 hours later Hellfire was all musk and definitely a skin scent. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment