Saturday, October 27, 2012

Every day we give our dawgs fresh beef bones that have the marrow in them. They've actually come to expect these bones everyday. Last night my husband Jeff says, "I don't think we have any bones for tomorrow."
 I say, "Ahh, we probably do. I'll look for some tomorrow."
I say we probably do because we have a fridge in our kitchen, a fridge in one of the spare bedrooms (impossible to get it into the basement-all of my appliances were black and having a white fridge was bothering me to no end about 3 yrs ago, so even though the side by side was only 5 years old, I bought a black fridge.....and didn't want to give up the side by side, hence 2 fridges on the main floor), and a deep freeze in the basement. So out of all of those we probably have some packages of bones buried somewhere. Right?
Nope.
As I was sitting here paging through other blogs to find some interesting ones to follow, I hear this ooomphing and ummpphhing coming from Ava, our 6 year old female GSD. Yep the begging has begun! G-R-E-A-T! Stark was already outside in the backyard enjoying the nice day.
So off I went in search of bones. Nada. I did find some smoked sliced ham shanks, but I don't like giving them pork bones because they splinter.
So I apologized to Ava that we didn't have any and went back to looking for blogs.

Umph, umph, oomph, oooo, oooo ughhhhh. She does it really low voiced, like a cow mooing.

OMG

So I go grab the shanks and there's three in the package. They are sliced about 2 inches thick and are round with a little round bone in the middle. Two of them are frozen together, so I place the stuck ones in her mouth. She starts heading to go out the back door. They like to do that, take their bones out back so they can enjoy them in the yard. Our backyard looks like a dinosaur dig with all the old bones strewn about. LOL

So I follow her to the door with Stark's one measly bone that he gets. She goes out the door and down the stoop and there's Stark seeing that she has something and I can see his nose just going wild smelling to see what she has. I'm still in the house peering around the door corner because I wanted to see what he would do when he realized she had something. Know what he did? he came up the stoop, peered into the screen door window and looks right at me, like, where's mine? bwahahahahahaha


These dawgs are too freaking smart for me.


Ava's fave way to sleep. Please don't look at her naughty bits. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment