Saturday, May 2, 2015

Still here!

Well, last Thursday I had the big biopsy of my right buccal area in my mouth. (That's non laymen terms for the inside of my mouth cheek.)
Was told at the time that it would be 5 days for the results.
Never heard from them until my apt yesterday. Yeah I know. No news was bad news.

He said the first pathology reports were good but he decided to send the tissue to the University of Iowa Hospital where he says is the best ENT team in the Iowa. It came back that they think there may be squamous cells in a part of the tissue. They are not sure.

So now I will have to go to UI hospital and have the whole inside of my cheek taken out, skin grafted, then we go from there. Not too worried yet. It's kind of a middle of the road diagnosis. Hopefully they are wrong.
I will be called next week to be told when the surgery is.

I had 3 stitches taken out yesterday and there is one left. Even after 6 novacaine shots he couldn't get it to where I didn't feel him tugging on it. and I'm telling ya, it hurt!

At least I am able  to open my mouth a little farther. The surgery wasn't that bad. The worst part was the stiches and the area under them is so damned tender that I wasn't able to eat hard stuff like chips (BAH!). It was also hard getting food into my mouth and was sometimes funny trying to maneuver food into it. LOL

Lots of doctors bill rolling in. It was $2,500 out of pocket just for my endoscopy and colonoscopy. That's not including the doctor's visits, mammo, ultrasound, breast biopsy, medications, ekg, pathology reports. Like I've said before..... getting old sucks. 

Hey! I've lost 10 lbs!! <blink blink>

Will tell more later when I know more.





No comments:

Post a Comment