Saturday, May 30, 2015

New duck duck?

Jeff and I seem to agree that last night we had a completely different mallard land in our pool. Mike and Molly ALWAYS come and leave together and except for little duck garbles they make,  they don't talk a lot. Plus they had just left about 1/2 hour before the different one showed up. They don't do that --stay and then come back rather quickly after leaving. They show up once in the morning and stay a couple hours then show about 7PM and stay anywhere from 2 to 6 hours.
The one that showed up last night would not let me anywhere near him plus he kept quacking. Mike and Molly now let me as close as 4 inches from them. Jeff's the one that first said it was a different duck and I disagreed. Then as I watched him, I finally had to agree. He just acted different than Mike. I think he's out there now (it's 4:00 central time) because there isn't a female and he stays on the other side of the pool, away from me. I'm kind of assuming it's one of their offspring from either last year or this year---if they grow that fast?? I think they do since they have to fly south for the winter, so
they have to be adults by the end of summer, right? (not that I'm saying this is the end of summer or anything because that would be weird and really off-right?)??

Here they were doing a little water dance. I figured it was a mating thing. They've never done this before--diving. I just love these little duckies.


They did this for quite a long time too. At least 4 minutes or so. Cute.



Here's a video I just made. For posterity. It might seem the cancer is really small, but there's a benign tumor farther back and that is why the whole inside of my cheek will be taken out.
Here, I just videoed this:

 
It doesn't hurt nor interfere with anything, unless I open my mouth real wide, because then the top of the benign part gets stuck on my teeth. You can see how I had to move out my lower jaw to get it off the teeth. I'm not too optimistic that I won't need radiation, because that benign part just keeps spreading. I doubt they can get it all or get it to stop without radiation. I also think that since it's been 3 weeks since the CT scan, I WILL have it in my nodes, therefore I will need chemo too. I am going to be one sick puppy by the end of August. 


I have to admit. I'm kinda likin Martha Stewart. Have I made that proclamation before? I even watch her when she makes stuff I don't even wanna make! Now that's sad. LOL! Today I watched her episode where she makes a breakfast strata, oven baked French toast, pean and ham quiche and Dutch baby pancakes.
http://www.pbs.org/food/features/martha-bakes-breakfast-episode/
Okay, I watched just for the strata but OMG I am going to have to make those dutch baby pancakes too. SOMEDAY. I'm hoping I will be able to eat again at least by October. I know I will lose weight but the way I like food I will be a size 18 again in no time. LOL! Unless....my tastebuds and saliva glands suck, or it's hard to chew and swallow. That's going to KILL this Foodie I tell ya!
Food is one of life's greatest joys. I hope it's not totally destroyed for me. I hope, I hope, I hope.

I also hope I make it through surgery because I have a heart arrhythmia. There's so many things that can go wrong with this 5-7 hour surgery. I'll say it again. I'm so scared.




No comments:

Post a Comment