Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mike & Molly are back! Quack Quack!!!

Yep, for those familiar with last years' posts, we have two ducks that show up this time of year and swim in our pool (the cover is still on). They'll stop showing up in about 6-8 weeks. Last year was the first time they came. It's so cool. I was so happy they showed up this year after being diagnosed with cancer and all.





Okay, now on to that subject.

The cancer in my mouth is along the surface and is about 1/2 inch by 1 inch in size. I have two enlarged lymph nodes, one under my chin and one in between my chin and ear in the neck. They didn't light up but he assumes they are cancerous. So they will come out along with others I suppose. He says the cancer is laying against the muscle in my cheek and he wants that muscle out too. So I have to have the artery/vein in my forearm, along with the muscle in my forearm placed in my cheek. The worst scenario I didn't want to happen. So much for hoping. He does say he thinks he can get all the cancer. I am in for a hell of a surgery, 6-7 hours and 6-7 days in intensive care. I will probably have a tracheotomy because I won't be able to breathe through my mouth or nose. Then six weeks of recuperation,  then 6 weeks of radiation. Fuck. Yeah Fuck. My summer from Hell.

Been a bad year for me. At least I will live. For now anyway. Crossing my fingers. Now I just have to make it through the surgery.
 So far no chemo is scheduled. I had Jeff take a pic of the back of my hair in case, since I just got it long for the second time in my adult life.


I hope to be well enough to post of my surgery and progress. We'll see. My brother had the radiation and I know I'm in for a hell of a ride.


This is my doctor. I like him. I told him to do what he has to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment