Saturday, November 1, 2014

York Steak House Honey Glazed Chicken and Bpal's Les Fleurs du Mal

Meant to post this last night: October 31st-HALLOWEEN!!!! BOO!!!

Tonight I am making a roasted chicken that we used to get a long, long time ago from York Steak House. It was called their Honey Glazed chicken and you could order a 1/4 or a half of chicken. When they closed I was so disappointed that I could never have that chicken again! Then one day a few years later I discovered Chinese five spice powder. That's it! That was the seasoning on York's chicken. So I invented my own recipe.
I take a whole chicken and rinse it. Always always rinse your chicken no matter what you hear.....just do it! The processing plants drop the chickens into a vat full of water to clean them and the vat is full of feces, blood, and chicken yuck. Rinse your chicken!!
After rinsing my chicken well, I  spray some Pam into a 9x13 pan with sides. Like a cake pan. Then I place the chicken breast up and pat it dry with paper towels. I then sprinkle it with five spice powder all over. I'm quite liberal with it. I place the chicken, uncovered, into a 350 degree oven. I roast it for 1 hour, then take it out and slather on some honey. Bake in the oven to roast another hour at 225 degrees. I don't want the honey to burn. It's the bomb!
The honey is from France given to us by Jeff's boss when they went there last month. Superb stuff, omg!




 
 
 
OKay, time for a bpal review. Seems like it's been a while. Gonna pull from that same white box from a week or so ago. Hmm, what number. Last time I chose 18. How about 51, since I am 51 yrs old....
 
 
Les Fleurs du Mal
 
 
Yellow in color. No kidding.
 
 
In the vial: of course blinding sweet florals. Some what aquatic too. It's like walking through a park when all the fruit trees are in bloom and smelling that lovely sweet fragrance wafting through the air. It's a beautiful scent. I sense a white flower but I suck and usually when I say white it's purple. Like roses and violets. I think I smell orange blossoms. This is super feminine, frilly  and girly. Loving it.
 
What's in this? The scents of the blossoms of darkness, condensed into one perfume. Features a rose base, softened with lilac and wisteria.
Yep, it's a purple floral (lilac and wisteria) and roses. ROFL. No wonder I like it. I love rose and lilac. Not sure what wisteria smells like. Doesn't wisteria come in white too? Maybe I'm not that far off. LOL I love wisteria. The first time I ever saw it was when I was little and at my Great Grandma's house and she had it growing around a window outside her house. It was gorgeous.

Back to the bpal: super florally on the back of my hand! Lovely, and a keeper. The lilac comes out on the skin. Good, lilac is a big fave of mine.


 
I love this old man. Check out his recipes. They're good!

4 comments:

  1. I cant thank you enough for this recipe.I tried it,and it was great! It brought back so many memories of times spent with my family and friends.Stay Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for sharing, York's Chicken was Incredible, fyi, The Origional York Steak House Is still operating, It's In Columbus Ohio on Broad Street, Across from the old Westland Mall, the food Is just as good as It once was, the prices are low and the people that bought the place are fantastic and they strive to keep It the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work at the 2 Chicopee Massachusetts restaurants in the 70's and 80's as a teen and young adult. My favorite job!

    ReplyDelete