Thursday, October 30, 2014

TouTube commercials suck.

Who decided to have commercials on youtube anyway? I'd like to know. So I could shoot them with a BB gun about 10,000 times. Wouldn't kill them but it'd freaking hurt like a bitch.





Hmm, maybe 10,000 bb shots would kill them....?

Maybe I need to rethink that.

10,000 rubber band shots? Yeah, there ya go.


Why the hell do I have to watch a 15 second commercial before the first video I watch for the day? I'm adept at clicking 'skip ad' now. I have it down to a science.

I'm not a big Beatles fan but I do remember listening to this album with headphones on when I was a teenager. My mom and dad had just built a family room and put in a nice (at that time) stereo system. 200 watt speakers... the works. JVC speakers. I remember that too. My dad had his own TV repair shop so he was pretty 'up' on what audio equipment sounded good and what we needed to have. I'm talking the mid to late 70's.

I also remember my best friend (still my best friend Lori) came down (we were in 8th grade--1976)and saw that we had Electric Light Orchestra's album A New World Record (1976) and freaked out because she loved it (I'd never listened to it. My dad also liked Pink Floyd and had all their albums) and made me play Telephone Line and it was instant love for me. ELO became my first favorite group.

 
 
Then later in life like 7 years when I moved in with Jeff I found he had ELO's Out of the Blue Album. I knew I liked him for a reason and it wasn't just the great sex.  hahahaha
 
 
Isn't this song Telephone Line awesome? Are you listening to it? You better!!!
 
I was a fan of ELO for many many years....they were my fave band until I heard the song God Shuffled His Feet by Crash Test Dummies (1993). I bought the album and I had found a new fave band.
 
 
Ended up buying ALL their albums too. Every album is different than another but they are all really good. ELO tended to sound the same in all their songs and albums. Nothing wrong with that. Crash Test Dummies remained my fave band until 2003 when I heard Clumsy Card House on the radio by Blue October. I bought the live 2 cd album Argue With A Tree. Love. Instant love. Have all their albums. Saw them in concert..... haven't ELO or CTD.
 
 
It's now 2014 and I have yet to find another fave band. I think it's time. I need the music and words to speak to me....like the 3 above. The music has to stir something in me. It's hard to do. Here's some other music I like. You're about to be shocked. You'd never guess it ---coming from a  soon to be 52 year old fat white woman from the Midwest.
 
Sugar water and mayonnaise sandwich!!!
I love all Trick Daddy music. Ever listen to it? It's complex and has depth. There's a lot going on with the instruments, tunes, vocals, rap etc. COMPLEX! is the word.....
I'm starting to like the Black Keyes but we don't have any albums yet....we need to get some. I've played some songs for Jeff and he seems to like them too.
 
Another artist's music I am starting to like too is Taylor Swift. I know, right? She's so superficial when I see her on talk shows. She seems to be the type that pronounces the word 'and' as 'ant'. I hate that!! What's up with that?? You're shit doesn't stink? Yeah....it does. Get over it.
 
But she has some really good songs. I like that she's pulling out from country into pop, she's better suited for pop, in my opinion. Her music's kicky. It sticks in the head all day, which can also be a bad thing after singing 'Shake it off' for the millionth time in one day.
 
 
 
 
I also like that she writes her own songs....at least that's the impression I get.
 
Another artist I like is Katy Perry. She writes a lot of her songs too.......I think.
 
What's up with me and these pop chicks?? eh?
 
Want to hear some of my other faves?
 
click here:
 
 
 
 Here's what we bought in the last week to hear our music better.





Polk Audio CSiA6 Black Each Center Channel Speaker Polk Audio CSiA6 Black Each Center Channel Speaker
In Stock
1 399.99 399.99
Polk Audio DSW Pro660 wi Powered Sub Polk Audio DSW Pro660 wi Powered Sub
In Stock
1 649.99 649.99
Polk Audio RTiA3 Black Pair Bookshelf/Stand Mount Speakers Polk Audio RTiA3 Black Pair Bookshelf/Stand Mount Speakers
In Stock
1 399.99 399.99
Polk Audio RTiA9 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker Polk Audio RTiA9 Black Each Floor-standing Speaker
In Stock
2 749.99 1,499.98
Onkyo TX-NR828 home theater receiver Onkyo TX-NR828 home theater receiver
In Stock
1 599.99 599.99
                                                                                                                                       0.00



Subtotal $3,549.94
Shipping FREE
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $3,549.94
  
 
It's going in the basement. We bought a 65 inch smart TV too.
 
Time to rock.
 
 
 
Our next order will be another subwoofer and these:
 
 Polk Audio FXi A4 :Dipole/bipole surround speakers (Black)
 
 They'll go in the middle since they have sound on two sides.
 
My brother has all these speakers and the sound is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment