Sunday, March 31, 2013

BPAL review 'Lick It Softly' and the other white meat

Okay, Missy asked me if I had Lick It so I could review it but I don't have it. Sorry Miss! But recently I got Lick It Softly and it may possibly be nothing like Lick It. I don't know since I don't know what's in either. I think Lick It is a foodie scent though, that's about all I can seem to remember hearing about it. Plus Missy loves foodie scents. Have you seen her blog? If you scroll down from here, on the right hand side you can click on it. Look for my 2 members. Yeah I have 2 now!! (jumping up and down) Her BPAL reviews blow mine away. She has an incredible talent for describing a bpal so that you think you smell it. No crap. You are in the moment!

Anyway, back to 


Lick It Softly

In the vial: MINTY! Mint good enuf to eat! I kid you not. I'd love to have this as a breath freshener.

On the hand: SUPER MINTY! LOL I think I like this!! I normally wouldn't choose mint to wear as a perfume but I may have to change that! There's also a sugary element that's giving the mint a candy like sweetness. I think if this was straight up mint I probably wouldn't like it as much but this sweetness is turning this into a feminine, frilly little girl scent.....and this 50 year old needs all the help she can get!! hahaha
I think there's a musk way down deep too, that kind of grounds this a bit. I swear I think there's musk in everything bpal. LOL

What's in this? A sticky, sweet peppermint candy cane with a copious dusting of vanilla.

Hmm, no musk. Maybe my hand is just musky to me. Snort. I like this a lot and as it dries it is getting less minty and more vanilla-ey. It's a keeper and depending on the 1 hour drydown a possible big bottle winner.

Today I am making a bone in smoked ham. I love the ones with the bone in them they taste soooo much better than boneless. I'm also making baked beans, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce. I always want to spell broccoli as brocolli. What's up with that? I didn't even realize it was Easter until Jeff said something about it, then I didn't believe him. So the ham dinner is kind of appropriate for Easter although I was just making it because I was hungry for bone in ham. Must have been a hint from God.

I take those hints seriously.


Happy Easter everyone!

Oh my! I didn't color Easter eggs!

This looks fun and cool. Thank God for Youtube.

 
 
 






2 comments:

  1. Aaaaw, thank you so much! I'll have new reviews up soon ;)
    Lick it and Lick it Slowly is the same scent, lol! Every year bpal throws out a Lick it with a new name and slight variations in the combo(I now have Lick it til it's sticky from 2009, I think 2012 was called "lick it softly"). Some are more vanilla-y than the others, some are more sugary and some are more minty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CWAP! This IS Softly that I have. Snort. I've been doing that lately, getting words wrong and losing my train of thought. But if I get one more pimple I swear I'm taking 10 years off my age!! I mean it!
    I just updated my post to read Lick It Softly instead of Lick It Slowly. So readers...Missy isn't the one losing it....IT'S ME!!

    ReplyDelete