Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Uh

Commercials just trip me out. Like the State Farm khaki Guy/Girl call.

"So what are you wearing Jake from State Farm?"

"Khakis"

"She sounds hideous"

"Well, she's a guy."

Bwahahahaha!!! It never gets old....LOL



The show Botched freaks me out too.  Some of these people that think they look better! It's unreal. Did you see the one where the guy is trying to look like Bieber!? OMG Why?! Why!? WHY!!!??? Okay, who am I to judge....I bleached my hair for 40 years. Since I haven't dyed it for over a year now it's getting longer! It's so much fuller too. I have hair again! Yay! No more break off. I will have to post a pic today once I wash it. I think we're going to the fair tonight.

It still has some blond on the ends but this is my natural color. The streaks in the bangs is actually gray. I have some gray streaks and it looks like my hair is frosted.

I'm on vacation all week. Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!!

Staycation means.........laundry, cleaning, organizing, dusting those twice a year places that you hope no one sees, purging clothing and other items that have fulfilled their decorating destiny....Oh, and margaritas. Lots of margaritas. I just watched Good Eats and Alton showed how to make the perfect margaritas today. So I dvr'ed it and watched it........... twice. Thankfully Jeff bought me a sack of seedless limes at Sam's the other day! They are big and beautiful! Didn't know there was seedless limes.
So if there's no seeds, how do they grow baby lime trees? I always wondered that with seedless grapes and watermelon.  Now I have to wonder it about limes too now. Gah!

I see these limes in the fridge and I just want to cut one into slices and eat it. Am I the only one that likes limes this way? Probably not since there's what 6 or 7 billion people on earth....there HAS to be another human that likes limes like this.....Has to be!! THE ODDS ARE IN MY FAVOR!


We went to the Fair. It was exactly like last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that......and on and on for 40 years...

I had a pork tenderloin sandwich, a double hot dog corndog, half an egg roll, a crab ragoon, some sesame chicken on a stick and 3 beers. Yeah I was a little bloaty to say the least. My little Kodak easy share takes pretty good video, I thought while I was filming it wasn't very good quality but once I uploaded them they weren't too bad. They had some modified races going on and they can be heard in the background. We always have to check out the horse barn since I love horses and there were miniatures and Belgians in the barn.  Really? The biggest and the littles horses together? It was liking walking through the Looking Glass. There was a Belgian competition starting.
 
We like finding benches to sit on and just watch the humanity walk by. Here's the famous Bud Tent which now sells Coors Light also. Yuck. Why did they have to tarnish the Bud Tent!!! It was ICONIC!
 
 
Notice during the video I exclaimed I'd gotten a boob shot. It wasn't intentional but I realized while filming that it had happened. After uploading the vid I realized at the end I'd gotten a crotch shot for all you women out there! We went once through the Midway, while I munched on my corndog.  My husband finds it amazing that I can eat and drink more than him. Even in New Orleans...I start eating about 9am and eat all day. I also grab a daiquiri about 11 am and sip that sucker for over an hour. LOL


As we left we always hit the bathroom that's just outside the grounds. When I came out jeff was no where to be found. But I knew if I went around the corner I'd find him. Yep, my big 300 lb baby boy was mesmorized by the racing. Holding onto that fence just like a little kid. (He's a HUGE HUGE Nascar fan. We were Nascar fans before it was cool. He started collecting Nascar die cast cars in 1986. It started with a Tide Car that my younger brother bought for him. Now we have about 30 boxes of them. Sigh) I bet he peed so fast so he could get to this fence before I pulled him away. I fooled him though and taped while we stood there until the race was over.

Not too bad of a video since I was filming through a fence. LOL They were a LOT louder than this video. I love racing and asked him why weren't we in there watching them? I especially love the Knoxville sprints. Talk about loud and fast.
In the next video they were just coming off of a caution and were coming around the corner to the green flag.



Then we came home. I swear I weigh 5 lbs heavier. But that's what the Fair is all about!! LOL

OH! I forgot to mention. Jeff's deceased sister has a food competition named after her. Tammie's No Bake Desserts. It was the first year for it. She also has a plaque on a telephone pole next to the Bud Tent. I poured some beer on it for her....In fact you can see it it the bud tent video. It's right across the street in the bud tent video. I kind of zoom in on it at 10 seconds in....the gold plaque can be seen on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment