Friday, August 8, 2014

Kiss me Khephra

I once said that I loved Kiss' Unplugged version. I still do. I also love Crash Test Dummies and their album A Worm's Life just about the best. It was actually my least favorite album of theirs for over ten years believe it or not. But one day (I have them all on my computer) I played it while cleaning house and it just clicked. It was awesome! Freaking blew my mind that I had liked it the least all those years and now I loved it. I just ordered their 2010 album Oooh La La!, that I never even knew existed until a few days ago. They broke up years ago, so I stopped following them after Brad's album I Don't Care That You Don't Mind.

Here's a song from the Oooh La La! album. Loved it the first time I heard it. Usually it takes me a few listens to really appreciate a song.

I've been perusing bpal on ebay and now am in the mood for a scent. No blind pick I want to find one that sounds interesting.....
Here's one I've never noticed or heard of before.

Khephra


Got this about 2-3 years ago. I know because it has that freaky cartoon tape around the top to keep the lid on during shipment. I bought about 85 different bpal vials from that seller.
Gold in color.



In the vial: Medicine. Alcohol. The rubbing kind.

Okay, this is weird. I smelled it again in the vial about 2 minutes later and now it smells like rootbeer or cola or berries. I need to get this on my hand.

On the hand: definitely a patch or musk, resin. It's somewhat cold smelling too. A bit of a man's cologne is emerging. This is just a plethora of smells! It's all over the place. This would smell good on Jeff but he'd never wear it. If there is a musk or patchouli in it, it's pretty faint so maybe he would.

Weird again. I just smelled it on my hand again and now it's bandaids. I have never ever had a bpal morph like this so fast and so often. This is just crazy. LOL
I am smelling this so hard and so frequently that my nose is burning. I have to see what's in this....

Bah. No scent description just this: Hail unto thee who art Khephra in Thy hiding, even unto Thee who art Khephra in Thy silence, who travellest over the heavens in Thy bark at the Midnight Hour of the Sun.
Tahuti standeth in His splendour at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm.
Hail unto Thee from the Abodes of Evening.


Here's some reviews:                     
         
**In the bottle: Very deep and bright w/ resins and has an herbal kick to it
On the skin: Still very deep resins as topnotes..middlenotes are a spicy, sensual mix of myrrh & amber, perhaps a bit of lavender too.
Afterhours: This is going to sound crazy..but I can smell sun-ripened tomatos & a slight note of black olives. Its not enough to make me not like it though..its a very complex oil..definitely the most complex i've smelled to date. :P
This would be a really nice scent for a guy, too


That's what I said!!! ^^^^^^ It's a plethora!!

**At first when I put it on I smelled cloves, maybe some cinnamon. It morfs Like said above flower chamomile or carnations. It is almost creamy, the clove is still there, it came on strong but is now settling in the darkness. I really like this, its long lasting too. Frankincense and amber or something that gives it that texture. Really beautiful. Hopefully I'm not saying this too soon but it may just be my favorite of the Stations of the Sun 4. There is a note that I just can't place, it gives it a masculine feel while being nurturing. Definatley unisex. Very beautiful.

 **In the bottle, I smell olive and something else, maybe wine. Very deceptive. On my skin, it smells like cinnamon with something floral underneath. In the diffuser, I smell storax with another floral scent underneath. This is a very complex scent, and it's hard for me to pick out the individual floral notes. But I think it will be a keeper, especially as a room scent

**First sniff: I’m having a very hard time figuring out how to describe Khephra. It’s… a big scent. I don’t mean strong, or overpowering… but it has a certain presence. I think the main note is amber, but it’s hard to be sure.

**Wearing: Warm, deep, musky and almost dark. It’s still just defying any attempt to describe the actual scent. I can’t even put a colour to it, and usually that’s where my mind goes when it can’t figure out the notes. I know it reminds me of The Lion, and I know I like it, but that’s all I can pin down.          

Me: Well at least I am not the only one that can't figure this one out. I like it but it's discontinued now. Bah! I might have sprung for a full bottle.

10 minutes later....oh yeah. Big bottle for sure. This is heaven and oh so unique. Subtle yet out there.

30 minutes....all resiny goodness. Sexy and sinful.
Love this.


 Yup, the song describes the scent.....but maybe a little less violent. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment