Sunday, December 1, 2013

Turkey and Noodles from scratch----well almost

Tonight I am using the rest of the turkey from Thanksgiving. I did something different this time by adding some chicken hearts and gizzards. I love the gizzards and Jeff loves the hearts.
So earlier today I simmered the hearts and gizzards in a pan with some water and chicken granules (the only thing not from scratch). I cooked them for over 4 hours so they'd get soft and easy to eat.

Then I added some onion, and the meat from the turkey legs and thighs so it'd absorb the flavors of the broth and get soft too.
I made some homemade noodles using eggs, flour, salt and a bit of water.

I like wet noodles. Now what that means is that the noodles didn't dry, for long anyway. Maybe a half hour. This produces a fluffy al dente noodle. I also like them wide.











I also added tarragon when I added the turkey breast. Ever since I discovered tarragon, I've been adding it to dishes. It's my favorite herb and it's great in chicken (turkey) and noodles. I also added lots of black pepper.
Serve it over mashed potatoes and corn and it's a meal fit for a hungry man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment