Saturday, December 21, 2013

The way life works

I'm debating on what to have for lunch.
Leftover spaghetti and meatballs, chicken fried rice, steamed Sui Mai, korean chicken wings, spicy fried catfish, wild rice soup.....all things my husband would never eat so I have to take advantage and have them while he's working. I love Saturdays. And no I do not miss him.

I made a conscious choice not to have children. Never wanted any. It took me 4 years to convince my husband he didn't want them either. The deciding factor? When his sister had a kid.
We've never regretted it. In fact we're really super glad we never had any.

I did the same thing with smoking. Both parents smoked and 2 siblings. I just kept putting it off thinking someday I would. I finally hit the age of 20 and realized I'd never start. I'm really super glad I never smoked. My mom died at 63 from emphysema, my smoking brother got squamous cancer of the throat at the age of 44 and my smoking sister got kidney cancer at the age of 51.

I'll be the first to die though. Isn't that the way life works?

I had a dream once with Jason Segal in it. He was naked. I think the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall brought it on. So I've been watching the Twilight movies so maybe I'll dream of Robert Pattinson. So far, no luck. That's the way life works too.

I recently watched the movie Seven Psychopaths. Crazy ass good. I loved the irony and comedic tones in this murderous dark movie. It reminds me of something Tarantino would write. Pay close attention if you watch it and also be sure to watch the credits....there's more. I'm watching it again right now for the second time.

Now for some reason I'm not hungry.
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment