Friday, June 6, 2014

Quack Quack Duck Duck

We have mallard ducks (guy and gal) using our pool as a vacation spot. We've lived here since 1997 and have never had a duck pair use our pool as a bathing sauna......

I've named them Mike and Molly. Not only because I love Melissa McCarthy but I have a brother named mike....plus....and get this.... my bestest friend forever had a dawg named Molly. It's foretold.

Mike and Molly have been here every day since we got back from vacation. Some days Mike shows up first and other days Molly does. They seem to be playing pool tag.

They're out there now. They don't even mind us humans or even the dogs. I'm feeding them which is probably so illegal. They'll leave someday. And they are NOT nesting in our yard. Not only would we not allow it but our dogs wouldn't either.

I swear we are their 'vacation' spot. It's a place to come to relax, get fed, swim, preen and clean the bodies. Molly really cleans her body when she is here. She flips not only the water around but her feathers. I have a video. It's not of her bathing, but squacking.




No comments:

Post a Comment