Friday, May 30, 2014

Chillin time....

My younger brother turned 50 - 4 days ago. My brother is a tormentor. He tells stories and if you believe them, then that's even better. He's a bullshitter. To me -he's hilarious. I get him. He's also a freaking awesome cook. He can make anything-Cajun, southern, cakes, breakfast, Mexican, Chinese....the list goes on. He's so funny I think he'd do good at being a standup comedian.

My older brother is a fairly good cook too. I've ate his food and everything has been  so good. I just haven't ate any of his food for about 40 years. I do know I have some of his recipes and still make them today.

This is his chicken recipe. You need to like dark meat chicken and heat. If you use white meat, it will be dry. Don't even subject yourself to that. Come to the other side....


8 pieces of chicken, I like using thighs
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 2 tblsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbls Accent (msg) (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder (I use Penzey's Hot Curry)
  • 1/2 tblsp cayenne pepper
  • Sprinkle of ground ginger

  • Directions

    1. Melt the butter in a 10-12 inch skillet. I use my cast iron. Add seasonings and saute until they brown on medium heat.
    2. Add chicken and turn to low. Flip chicken occasionally. When the chicken is almost thoroughly cooked, remove the chicken and drain the oil from the pan, retaining the seasonings.
    3. Put chicken back in pan and cook until the meat is 165 degrees. You can do this in the oven too. 350 for 1/2 hour. (gotta make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly)


    The spices get compacted and brown in the pan. It makes a really good gravy if you're that adventurous........ Make a heaping mound of buttery mashed potatoes. It's a spicy reddish brown.


    Something like 25 minutes later....

    I just fell over backwards and fell asleep. Sorry.


     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment