Sunday, April 13, 2014

Amy Schumer

Thank you Ellen for having her on your show the other day. I'd never heard of her before and after seeing her on the show and she was SO FUNNY! I decided to DVR Amy's show Inside Amy Schumer. Oh. My. God. The show is crazy good. I also stumbled over one of her stand up acts that was on TV. So now I am obsessed with her and am youtubing all of her stuff!!

She's cute, raunchy and the funniest comedienne I have ever seen. I told Jeff if she comes to Des Moines, we're going! I'd even travel a few hours to see her. I checked her tour dates and it looks like it's gonna be a while before she is any where near us. Bah!

I am making stuffed green peppers today. I used hot sausage, ground beef, ground pork, minute rice, shredded mozzarella cheese with some of my homemade spaghetti sauce. I didn't add an egg this time. I found that the meat sticks together with or without the egg so why use it? My mom taught me to use soda crackersas a binder, but over the years I decided I liked minute rice (uncooked) in them better. She never made stuffed peppers, it was her meatball recipe. Which is basically what you stuff the peppers with.  I will try to remember to take some pics.

They are messy!! The sauce shoots plumes all over my stovetop and backsplash. Bah!! 


They think they're lap dogs. Stark especially. He's 'The Leaner'.

The spaghetti sauce with the stuffed peppers. I am making rotini noodles to go with this. I like the way the sauce sticks to the rotini, and it's toothsome. Plus I can scoop a big spoonful and get a big bite! That's why I'm fat! Okay, not the main reason I'm fat....but one of'em! :)

Time for a Nocturne Alchemy review.

Shadow Amber Venom

Knowing I LOVE NA's Cobra Venom I knew I had to have this. In the bottle it is mostly patchouli. It reminds me of New Orleans too. Deep and dark and holding a lot of secrets. It smells like the voodoo shops I browse in New Orleans. Pungent, hippy, and incense. I am loving this already.

On the wrist it's the same. Green, sharp, and unrelenting. Jeff with absolutely hate this. But I....I love it!!
What's in this?  Shadow Amber, Black Amber Resin, Nokturne: Hessonite (Egyptian Patchouli), Black Sandalwood, Black Temple NA Incense, Black Vanilla & Black Myrrh Resin.

OMG, everything I love...myrrh, sandalwood, amber, vanilla...the only thing it's missing is frankincense.
 NA knocked it out of the ballpark again!

No comments:

Post a Comment