Monday, March 24, 2014

Nocturne Alchemy--again!

I received three bottles of NA this week. The Underworld, Shadow Amber Venom and Sobek.

OMG I'm in love with them all. So in love that I'd marry them. Yep, I'd risk being a polygamist and going to jail.

I'd suffer eating veg-a-tebles for breakfast, veg-a-tebles for lunch and veg-a-tebles for dinner!!!!!

Only those that have seen that prison movie know what I'm talking about.  Was Farrah Fawcett in that? I forget. It was a black woman screaming that. It's the only thing I remember about that movie. I was a young white child....so my memory is faint....
(I saved this as a draft and after I posted the above I totally went on a Farrah Fawcett youtube video montage...I. Know...This post might take a while..)

Shadow Amber Venom : Shadow Amber, Black Amber Resin, Nokturne: Hessonite (Egyptian Patchouli), Black Sandalwood, Black Temple NA Incense, Black Vanilla & Black Myrrh Resin.

It's intense! Sharp incense and patch. Just what you'd expect from a headshop smell. The amber and vanilla tempers it only a bit. Sour bite. Hellish. Strickly hippie. I love it.

The Underworld : Cedarwood, Neroli, Osmanthus, Black Rose, Patchouli.

Sweeter than Amber Venom. Not sharp but still patchy, with a good chunk of rose. Almost cinnamon-y. The tang leaves as it dries and it gets more rosey. This is crazy good the next day. It gets deeply soft, vanilla and skin.

Sobek : Sobek is green and aquatic just a touch. I'm listening to this:


Loreena

Slight putridness. Mint. Must be pine. This is taking a fork and scraping it down a young saple pine tree, reaching the pungent inside. Hits you like a ton of bricks. Wham! It has that manly cologne smell too, in a way. I like it. It'd be perfect for soap because it's strong and would linger on the skin. That's why I like citrus soaps. I've said before that I tend to be a patch/deep gal but since BPAL I like just about all scents.

Verdict: all are keepers. The Underworld won over the other two in the end. The way it smelled once it melted into my skin was wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment