Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blind Review because it's been a while!!!!!

Not only been a while since I've posted at any great length but also since I posted a review. I got a slew of vials from ebay the other day. There's about 5 different companies, some bpal, Possets, House of Gloi....etc etc

The blind pick I just pulled from the bag is from Solstice Scents.

Conjure

Looks to be slightly yellow. The label is large and I can only see a teeny bit of the oil between the top and the label so I could be wrong.

Ooo, this is going to be a difficult one to decipher.
In the vial: slightly sweet, florally, musk and maybe some coconut?
On the back of the hand: Ambery, there's some sharp musk or patch, kind of foody too, like honey, cinnamon tea. Yeah as it dries that sharpness is coming out more. It started smooth in the vial but it's changing. Pine, I think that's what it is? It's like a smooth cookie with some mint. This is so hard to describe. Hope I can find what's in it.

A magical blend of Vanilla, Amber, Cedar, Spices & Cauldron Smoke. 

Oh, Wow. I should have gotten the vanilla because that is usually what makes a scent foodie to me. But I am flabbergasted that I was so close with the amber and cedar. Exactly. I get the smoke now too. I'm really, really liking this one. It's intriguing and would be so good to smell this on the neck of someone in a dark bar. Don't worry, I only hit bars with my man, and only while in New Orleans. We're just not 'bar folk'. It got to 70 degrees here today! Finally, man this has been a long hard winter. Lots of cold, lots of snow. It's supposed to be 39 again on Wednesday. Bah.
I almost got Loo-Cee out



but it was a chilly 70, not a full sun warm 70. We're grilling out a rib eye for me and a sirloin for Jeff. Also going to make some grilled cauliflower with parmesan. It's a recipe I found on Pinterest.

Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Bread Crumbs1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2 -1 inch florets1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs, (I USED GLUTEN FREE BY ALEIA’S)1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (I CONFESS, I DON’T MEASURE AND I’M SURE I USE MORE!!!!)1/4 cup olive oil (AGAIN, I DON’T MEASURE BUT MAKE SURE THE FLORETS ARE WELL COATED!!!!!!Salt and pepper to taste Preheat oven to 400ยบ. Toss florets with olive oil, bread crumbs and cheese. Spread in a single layer on jelly roll sheet lined with nonstick foil. Season with salt and pepper. (since I use a lot of cheese I often don’t need the salt) Roast 30-40 minutes, until nicely browned!!!! (we like ourS verrrry browned!!!)

Above is the actual recipe. Of course I had to change it up.

I don't use the bread crumbs because it doesn't need it. But I do add garlic salt. 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets and put into a gallon size ziplock. Add 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper to taste. Pour onto a cookie sheet and baked at 350 for 1/2 hour then increased temp to 400 for 5 minutes.

I go easy on the salt since the parmesan is also salty. It's just so good!


Smooth jazz by Sade.

No comments:

Post a Comment