Saturday, September 6, 2014

Kudos to Cubanelles!

I found something to make with the plethora of cubanelle peppers we picked from our one plant. It was so overloaded that it fell over!


Stuffed Cubes!

I mixed some ground beef with hot Italian sausage and seasonings and created a fantastic dish. Jeff even liked it!


1 can enchilada sauce (15oz)
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1 tbls tomato paste

1/8 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
4 oz Mexican cheese


Mix all of the above, except the onion and garlic and cheese, until well blended but don't overwork the mixture.

Next cut a slit next to the cap of the cubanelles.




Then starting from the bottom of the cubanelle, slice a section about 1/4 inch wide from the bottom to the top of the pepper.




You are cutting a section out of the pepper so you can press the meat mixture into it.




After cutting the section out, scrape out the seeds and membrane veins with a small spoon.  I left the stems on so they wouldn't fall apart but you could cut them off.



Now take a small portion of meat mixture (dime sized) and cook it in a pan with a little bit of oil.
You want to cook it until done so you can taste it to make sure it's seasoned right. To be honest the hot Italian sausage has a lot of flavor so adding a lot of seasonings isn't really needed. You can also add some chili powder or chipotles in adobe sauce. That's too spicy for my man so I held back from doing that.

Once the filling is to your taste, fill the cubanelles with the meat mixture.

I used my cast iron braiser to cook the peppers in some red pepper oil.


I sauteed them until they were browned on the bottom.
 
 
I added half of the chopped onion and all the garlic while they browned.

After they browned I added the can of enchilada sauce to the pan being careful not the get the sauce on the top of the peppers. I topped it with the rest of the onion.

 I lowered the heat and cooked until the meat was no longer pink, then I topped it with the cheese and cooked it in a 350 degree onion for about 14 minutes, until the cheese was browned.

It wiped out my clean stovetop. Bah!

I also decided to try to see if I could make microwave Mexican Minute Rice and it worked!!

2 Cups Minute Rice
1 tbls minced onion
2 cups water
1tbls tomato paste
1 tsp garlic salt


Mix, place into glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook for 5 minutes. OMG!! I was tickled pink!


Wow, seems like a long time since I did a bpal review. I was checking out the bpal listed on ebay today. There's so many that I want! Bah!

Let's do this one.

413 U.S. 15
Miller vs. California


I don't know what the numbers mean...maybe I will find out after I review then google for the ingredients....


In the bottle it's a buttery floral. Sweet. Like blueberries sautéed in butter with cream, vanilla and flowers. It's super pungent too. I feel walloped.

On the hand: the top note of this is really unique. Berries, berries, berries. As it dries down I get a cinnamon note. The butter is audacious. I'm liking it a lot. This could be a $100.00 bottle of designer perfume. Super for a signature scent. No one would smell like this. It smells the same on the wrist as in the bottle although the bottle has a little more buttery-ness.

What's in this? 
Leather, cognac, fig, ripe berry, and cream, stuffed into a plain brown paper bag.


Ahh, the cognac and leather buffaloed me. That's the unique smell! This is awesome. Love this oil! It's so damned different!

Now you gotta read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_v._California

Working for attorneys has helped me understand the legal jargon. What an interesting case. So this Miller guy gets charged with a MISDEMEANOR and takes it to the Supreme Court?? Dayum!

Stuffed into a brown paper bag??






No comments:

Post a Comment