Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Spicy Chicken and Sausage Pasta

Lately I've had a hard time coming up with new things for supper. (We're in Iowa---IT'S SUPPER!!!) Anyway, I popped into a freezer and saw a chicken breast and some hot Italian sausage. Check. I knew I had a couple fresh poblano peppers so I sat down at the comp and pulled up allrecipes. Definitely my favorite site to look for recipes. I found this one.

 http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fusilli-with-Grape-Tomatoes-and-Sausage/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page&soid=sr_results_p2i15

I also have some cherry tomatoes that I picked from our plant yesterday. Check. I'm changing the recipe up though. Here's what I am doing.

I am sautéing the whole chicken breast in a skillet with some butter, olive oil, chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder,  and some bay leaf.

I also added a big pinch of chicken granules. I plopped in the sausage too. It's link so I left it in the link shape. Chicken is such a bland meat that I really season it up, can you tell? LOL Then I flipped it, and continued to flip it until completely cooked through.

Once the sausage is done I will slice it into rounds. The chicken will be cut into small bite size dices once it's done.
I will put it the meats back into the skillet and add some chopped green peppers (Pablano will be too hot for Jeff if I add it like green pepper-believe me I want to! But I know better. He doesn't mind them stuffed with meats because he just chooses not to eat the poblano when I do that.), and a can of diced tomatoes with sweet onion.
I have some broccoli that might add too. Don't know yet. Then once the spiral noodles (fusilli) are done they will be added to the skillet. I don't want a thick sauce like spaghetti, just a light tomato base that's well seasoned. Last I will sprinkle on some freshly grated asiago cheese.
I'm off to check to see what other veggies I can add to it.......

I ended up adding the broccoli, some diced carrot and celery. I didn't added the cherry tomatoes because the canned diced tomatoes were enough. It turned out exactly like I'd hoped. It was delicious and I will be making it again. Next time I will also add some garlic grilled shrimp.


It doesn't look very saucy, but that's what I wanted, there was a lot of seasoning in it. I even added red pepper flakes to make it spicy. I surprised Jeff didn't complain about that. He liked it too. I have enough for lunch at work tomorrow.
Oh! Molly's been back! The female duck. She showed up night before last, didn't show last night but she was in the pool at 6:10 this morning. I take her out cracked corn and she lets me get pretty close. She hears the door open and immediately starts heading to the spot in the pool where I put the corn. LOL Jeff says they will be back next year too. I hope so. I really like seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment