Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bpal-- Marianne and Made Up Chicken.

Bpal's Marianne is a plethora of Patch.

But first the vanilla wallop.
Reminds me a bit of Solitary and Abhorred, and Sentimental Initiation. Super fabulous patch scents.
Wall Street by BPAL is a patch too but it's harder. Biker hard.

Marianne is a sophisticated patchouli. Sensuous.
It seems like there's lots of vanilla. Sweetness. Sticky. Musky. The scent melds into you skin and makes an intoxicating wood candy. It's wet wood rolled in brown sugar. But better.

What's in this? Red musk, bergamot, black currant, mimosa, orchid, patchouli, and lotus root.

No vanilla. WTF!  I reviewed on bpal forums about 2 years ago and totally forgot there was no vanilla. LOL

I love Ellen but I wish she'd stop flicking her tongue to the corner of her mouth. Drives me nuts!! Bah! LOVE YOU ELLEN!!

I need to find a new recipe for chicken breasts. I am thinking of cooking them in an enchilada sauce with onion, pablano peppers, garlic and green pepper slices. Then topping with some queso fresco.


Today I hit the Halloween City store for some stuff for wreaths, Gordmans for a new purse, the Mexican store for pablano peppers, ancho chilies, lard, and limes (they're cheap! 10 for a buck!!!), then to the Asian store for black cardamon pods, pho noodles, oxtails, leg and knuckle bones, cloves, rock sugar, sui mai, potstickers, ginger, and pho seasoning boxes.

I made pho again about 2 weeks ago (sorry Blogadelphia) and it turned out so good. In some of the youtube videos the people used the premade pho seasoning bags so I decided to buy some to see if I like it too. I do like making food from scratch better though. The packets smell amazing and just like pho so I'm gonna use them too.

I don't have any enchilada sauce so I am going to use Rick Bayless' (Frontera brand) Red Chile Barbacoa slow cook sauce.

http://www.fronterafiesta.com/store/seasoning-sauces/red-chile-barbacoa-slow-cook-sauce/27-115



It says it's for beef but I don't care. I'm such a rebel.


I took 3 frozen breasts and put them in my small enameled cast iron pot. Then I covered them with the Red Chile sauce, and one can of diced tomatoes. I think the chili sauce has enough garlic already so I'm not going to add any extra. I do think I will cut up some green pepper to add.

I used frozen breasts for a couple reasons. They will add some liquid during the cooking and by the time they are cooked through they will still be moist. I hope anyway.

I'm not a breast fan but Jeff is. Both kinds. He says he remembers me in the halls of high school because of my ta-tas.


Sigh.


I think chicken breasts are dry and tasteless. Gimme thighs anyday.





I decided to add some red bell pepper. The chile sauce is pretty pungent so I thought the red peppers would add some sweetness. I put the lid on it, and will take it off later so it can thicken. I don't dare add any pablanos. It's already spicy enough and Jeff will flip if it's too hot. Wimpy Chicken Shit, remember?
I'm not sure if I will make this into a chili or to eat on tortillas. Probably the latter. Jeff's going to poo poo it anyway because it has tomatoes in it. That's okay, there's a Burger King up the street! Ha! Nah, he'll eat it.....with some bitching, then he'll say, "That wasn't so bad, but it was too tomatoey." I know my man!! I do!!
I bought lard so I can make my own tortillas. That's the only way to make good homemade tortillas. I need baking powder though. I'll have to have Jeff pick some up. Plus some Guerrero uncooked tortillas.
http://www.pasionguerrero.com/productos/Guerrero%AE+Tortillas+de+Harina+Fresquiricas%2C+Fajita/48564-22133/en/

LOVE THESE! It's all I buy anymore. No more tough premade tortillas! I cook them on a 10 inch round cast iron skillet. They are sublime.
It's only been a half hour since I put the chicken on and it smells crazy good in here!!

LATER: The chicken was perfect. Jeff didn't think it was spicy at all but my mouth was tingling, what's up with that?? I shredded it and had it in tortillas with onion, tomato, green pepper, and Mexican cheese. The red sauce was the perfect hot sauce to slather over the top. So far we've tried 4 flavors of those Frontera seasoning packets. They're a liquid. They've all been really, really good. I'm going to buy more.

http://www.fronterafiesta.com/store/seasoning-sauces/27


Ironically as I was perusing the packets I still had on hand, I have the enchilada sauce one. So I did have enchilada sauce yesterday that I could've used for the chicken. But I'm glad I didn't see it! The Barbacoa sauce was perfect. I knew it'd be good with chicken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment