Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blind picks


I decided to pull out the bpal in the 18th hole in my ammo box, since I was born on the 18th.


Alecto

Clear in color.

Very mediciney in the vial. Piney bandaids. Minty too. Some spritely florals.

On the hand: Vetiver? I am getting some sunflower seed smell. This is an odd scent. Only slightly minty, but really bold and candy like too. Smells like warped candy necklaces. Candy necklaces with sandalwood. I like it yet I don't. It's still kind of odd smelling. This would be good on a man.

What's in this? Olive leaf, raspberry leaf, vetiver and cedarwood.

The raspberry is the candy, the cedarwood is the sandalwood and mint, and the olive is the oddness.

So I was able to describe what's in this just not the correct components. Not too bad. I have to let this sit a bit before I decide if I truly like it or not. I think I do but not a big bottle winner.


I pulled out number 25 since Jeff's BD is the 25th.

Ulalume

The faintest yellow color.

WOW! Another spearmint. OMG this IS a strong bandaid smell. This stinks in the vial. Ack. Mosquito spray. Super bubbly.

On the hand: Freaking cosmic starbursts. Clean and white. Toothpaste up the nose. Juicy Fruit gum combined with Wrigley's Doublemint. (when I smell Alecto now it's a smooth great candy smell)
I'm really liking both of these. Alecto is totally feminine now. These two really compliment each other and would be good for layering.

What's in Ulalume? Starry white lilies lend an eerie brightness to the deep black wooded scents of cypress and oak, layered with a touch of crushed dried leaves and the faintest aquatic note.

The aquatic note is NOT faint. I'm surprised I didn't guess ambergris because it feels like it's in here. Elizabeth (bpal's founder and oil creator) never reveals every scent in her oils. Otherwise other companies could duplicate them.

I had to take this pic of the most beautiful gerl in the werld.



Later: These two bpals ended up smelling almost identical to each other. No shit. Weird. Maybe that's another hint that me and Jeff are perfect for each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment