Saturday, June 29, 2013

I need to get crackin

on BPAL reviews!!

Blind pick....reaching into an ammo box blindly and hoping it's a good one!! Kind of like buying a $5.00 ticket at a carnival to pick a yellow duck out of a sea of ducks...praying the number on the bottom is a WINNAH!! Then realizing all you won was an 89 cent bottle of bubbles.



Nefertiti

Golden in color. Wow, this reminds me a lot of that last one I reviewed, Dove's Heart. Super florally, although this has different flowers. This isn't as cloying . Reminds me of sunflowers and I don't even think sunflowers have a smell. I do think there are violets here. bwahahahhahaa we'll see... LOL If there are any grounding scents in this like musk or patchouli etc I am not really smelling them. But this ISN'T all floral, there is something in this giving it a deep base scent. Very feminine and sweet almost, yet it's a spicy sweet. Who was Nefertiti?
Wiki:
Nefertiti (ca. 1370 BC – ca. 1330 BC) was the Great Royal Wife (chief consort) of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten. Nefertiti and her husband were known for a religious revolution, in which they worshiped one god only, Aten, or the sun disc.

No wonder this smelly sunny. Let's see what's in this.
“The Beautiful One Is Come”. Egyptian iris and olibanum with red and white sandalwood, soft myrrh and a breath of North African herbs.


Ahhh! frankincense, that's what's grounding it. That and the sandalwood are very light in this. This is mostly the iris and herbs. As it dries the sandalwood's emerging stronger. I like this but it's not a big bottle winner. I think the floral is a little too heavy for me.. at this point anyway. Maybe in a couple hours that will have faded.

I am making sesame lo mein for lunch today. I buy these authentic lo mein noodles from an Asian grocery store. They are frozen and taste just like restaurants' noodles. I will be adding celery, green pepper, carrot, scallions, sno peas, yellow onion,  and jalapeno peppers. Not sure if I will use a meat or shrimp. Really doesn't need it.

Decided to add chicken breast.

Nefertiti is getting better.........................


Later: used chicken thigh instead.



Above: the seasonings/sauces I used, plus peanut oil and chicken granules.

Above: I added fresh minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the chicken. I also salted it with pink Himalayan salt and just a tad of black pepper.

I cooked the chicken in a non-stick skillet because it tends to stick to the wok.

Carrots first, stir fried a bit -to al dente.

Added the chicken and cooked for a minute or so.


Then I added the noodles and green veggies. Cooked for another minute. I want the veggies still fresh and hard.

Then I added the oyster flavored sauce plopped in, 5 dashes of fish sauce, 2 swirls (about a tablespoon) of Kikkoman soy sauce (the ONLY soy I will use). I don't measure, that's why it's hard to write my recipes down.

Stirred, then added a big pinch of Wyler's chicken granules. Then the sesame oil. I like a lot of sesame so about 1 tablespoon?

Done!

This was the best lo mein I'd ever made too! I have some leftovers in the fridge. I LOVE Chinese food cold. I'll be eating that later on tonight!!

Nefertiti has faded quite a bit. Now it smells floral with some pepper in it. Considering how flagrant this was to begin with, it's just about gone from my skin. I didn't wash the back of my hand while I was cooking either. This is a nice spicy skin scent.

Now I am off to take a Lush bath!! Adios!! LOL

Here's what I used.
Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb

It crackled! Yeah! I kept hearing popping noises! So weird!
http://www.lushusa.com/Dragon%27s-Egg/03154,en_US,pd.html?start=6&cgid=bath-bombs

Then I slathered myself in Senica's Bay Bay shea moisturizer.

I'm a cuddlebunny!!
ROFLMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment