Friday, December 14, 2018

Trains

There must be a law for trains going through town, they must have to honk continually, lest some soul drives right into one, or in front of one. What does it have to be? Beats me. I followed the train that goes through town all the way across Iowa and into Nebraska and further on Google Earth. It was almost as good as being there. It went through or nearby every town on the way.

I grew up on the train sounds rebounding off downtown Des Moines, we were close enough to the river, the bottoms as someone would say. I never realized I grew near the bottoms until high school. A girl, who had one of those dads that built his own business and the name was well known in town, referenced, in a full room discussion, the South East Bottoms. She had included MY neighborhood! Are people deliberately this obtuse or mean? I didn't care. Nah, I was too laid back.

More later..............

No comments:

Post a Comment