Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pork Roast Lori Style and Hellboy (no NOT my husband or my DAWG)

It's Bpal's Hellboy.

The pork roast is me though. <big cheezy grin>

First I drizzle some light olive oil into the bottom of my enameled cast iron pot. (I LOVE this pan!!) I'm really starting to like cast iron for everything any more. It just cooks with so much flavor. And this pan is now all discolored on the bottom and there's a small chip of enamel inside, but I don't care.
Then I bring that oil up to a hot temp and toss in the roast. I sear it on all sides and add a lot of pepper, and also some onion powder and granulated garlic.  This time though I used dehydrated onions instead of the powder. You can see the onions bits in the bottom of the pan. I have a feeling this will be the way I do it from now on. It smells great in here!!



These are two New Orleans spoon rests that I have next to my stove. They are so colorful and match my décor perfectly. I plan to find some more when we are there next week so I can change them out every so often.
 
 
 
Going to quarter some potatoes length wise then cook them in the browned good stuff on the bottom of the pan. I'll add a small amount of water and they will brown and look liked browned potatoes. They'll absorb the garlic and onion flavors as well as the pork flavor.
 
 
 
Cindy is still claiming the recliner as hers.
 
 


Here's what happens when the mail is brought in and since it's just junk mail it's tossed into 'her' chair.
Pathetic isn't it? It's like she's screaming, "GET THAT FUCKING MAIL OUTTA MY CHAIR SO I CAN SLEEP!!"

Nothing is worse than a misplaced cat.

Back to Hellboy. That would be a good name for my Stark, now that I think about it. I already call him Ugly and he comes to it. hehe I can yell, "Where's Ugly!?" and that dawg will come to me from wherever he is in the house. LOL

Hellboy


Clear in color. In the vial it's not too compelling. Slightly medicinal. Pretty light too. I had to smell a second time and didn't come back with anything different. Possible fruity.
On the hand: Weirdly sharp but not a lot sharp. Almost a bandaid smell. And yellow-ey. I had Jeff just smell it. He said New Orleans. I made him smell it again. New Orleans. Please discount his perception, he has New Orleans on the brain right now. LOL I think the thought of the 17 hour road trip ONE WAY has fried his brain.
There's a floral in this. Like something odd like orchid, and moss and grapefruit? It's kinda nice. Be a good spring and summer scent. I think it's a girly scent and would think Hellboy would have been something fiery and masculine.

What's in this?

HELLBOY
Aftershave, candy wrappers, brimstone, and cat.



SNORT. Ironic that I was writing about my cat in this same post.


I like it. Not a big bottle winner though.
Hopefully I'll be back to post pics of the potatoes etc.  :)

(Nope. Forgot. But I DID really like Hellboy after a bit. It turned all candylike and sweet. Uber girly. It's a keeper!)


No comments:

Post a Comment